Prologue:

1990

The summer of 1990 was the hottest Des Moines, Iowa has seen; breaking twenty-five year old records from the seventies. But that didn't stop the teenagers from going out on the back roads and getting up to mischief like they usually do in their small town. They'd hide on the gravel roads within the miles and miles of cornfields; drinking and smoking, and letting their free spirits run rebelliously wild.

A set of pale blues, which belonged to seventeen year old rebel-rocker Corey Taylor, would flicker over to the tailgate of a crappy red truck to quickly but clandestinely scope out the undercover girl next door, Vivian Underwood. Everyone called her Vivie, and she was all that and a bag of chips. She didn't live in Des Moines, or even Iowa for that matter, but she was staying with some family who lived in South of Grand. She lived in Miami with her mom and stepdad, but her biological dad's side of the family lived in Iowa and she came to see them even after his death.

Vivie was a sixteen year old girl who came from a very religious family and was portrayed as the perfect girl next door when really, she was a hardcore chick who could out drink half the guys she hung out with that summer and would start a fight with a stock of corn if given the chance. This attached the attention of the wannabe rockstar.

From the very first time their mutual friends introduced them, he pursued her. Vivie didn't want to seem eager to "get with" him even though she was, and so was he. She wanted to see how far he'd go to get her attention. Apparently he'd take her out on four dates and spend almost every waking moment with her, either alone or with their friends. It didn't matter to them if they made out alone or within the group, by then the entire town knew that Vivian Underwood and Corey Taylor was an item. Vivian's grandparents warned her to be careful, especially with a boy like Corey. They knew his name and reputation very well. Vivian's cousins went to School with him, hence how they met originally.

The last night before Vivie's flight back home to Miami was a hot night in late August, Corey wanted to take her out star gazing on one of the isolated back roads within the farmer's cornfields. Vivie was actually very sad to be going home. When she first learned she was coming to Iowa she dreaded the idea because what could possibly be done in between the set of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and never ending cornfields? But she found her best memories were made there and she didn't want to go back to Miami were no one is safe walking down the street at night. Maybe she could convince her mom to let her stay here with her grandparents so she and Corey could be more than a summer fling. Either way, the last night she spent in Des Moines with Corey Taylor before going back down to Miami would be life shattering.

____________________________________________________

Hey guys, 

Yes I am aware that I have about a billion and one things going on and I shouldn't start anything new but I'll be discontinuing a lot of my older stories so I can focus on the new ones. 

And yes, I am aware that this is my very first Corey Taylor fan fiction. I've been reading his second book lately and I've also been getting into Slipknot. Also, thanks to brooklyn_brawler for making me curious about them even more so since she has them in her story An Undead Surprise. I know I may get somethings wrong but I hope you guys enjoy this.

Remember to: Read. Vote. Comment. And tell all your friends about social life ruining fan fiction!

|NecromaniacKat|