Chapter Twenty-Two

Marcel's stomach aches in the knots it's twisted itself into making him feel like he could vomit and being bumped into by flying limbs has his anxiety at the worst it's been in almost a month, "hey, I'm gonna go get some air, I'll be back in a minute" he says to Liam who just nods.

He looks to Louis who's talking quietly to Zayn and Niall, for the first time all night Niall isn't laughing or talking, just listening to whatever Louis is saying.

Marcel leaves the gym, almost getting himself stuck in the beaded streamer handing from the door frame.

He steps out of the entrace doors and takes a deep breath, instantly the cold air leaves goosebumps on his arms,the sleeves of his shirt half rolled up.

Climbing into his truck he sighs,rubbing his temples,the thump of the bass still sending an earthquake to his brain in its continuous beat.

If tonight was supposed to be so much fun why was he feeling so..shit?

The sun is setting and the little tuffs of white clouds and cascading pinks and oranges blend together like some painting, the little blue left in the sky is what unsuprisingly draws his attention though.

The colour nearly that of Louis' eyes,Louis' deep, soft, calming, beautiful, glorious, stunning-"Marcel, could you open the door?"

He turns around in a panic before recognizing the figure with the gentle voice, Louis.

His heart does it's usual little pitter-patter in his chest when Louis climbs in, the smell of his cologne filling the vehicle and Marcel tries to not think about how god damned amazing it smells.

It's quiet for a while before Louis clears his throat "So..are you having a good time?" He asks and Marcel nods "it doesn't seem like it" Louis says quietly, almost sounding hurt.

"I-I'm just..I.." Marcel tries to think of the words to say, 'I'm fine, just a bit too in love with you to function like a normal person' didn't seem right at the moment.

"I'm fine" he says

"Okay.. now tell me the truth" Louis says, his eyes meeting Marcel's

"I'm really fine"

"Marcel."

"Yes?"

"Tell me what's wrong, please?" Louis asks pulling a pouty face.

"I would, if something was wrong"

"Marcel,"

"Louis,"

"Marcel,"

"Louis,"

"Marcel,"

"Louis,"

"Marcel,"

"I like you." The words slip from Marcel's mouth and instantly he wishes he could take them back,not because he didn't mean them but because he knew exactly what happens next.

He braces himself to hear a door shut and the footsteps of the best thing that's ever happened to him walking right out of his life.