Simon wasn’t fazed though. “Good.” He bent down and kissed my neck again, very softly and very sweetly. I shivered and he pulled back again, looking confused.

I sighed. “Seriously, Sime, I can’t even shiver? That means I like it, okay?”

He flushed bright red. “I just don’t want to mess this up, okay?” he mumbled. “And well, I – I – it’s not like I ever had a girlfriend before or anything.”

I gasped. “You’ve never been kissed?” God, why hadn’t this topic come up in conversation before? That was the thing when you hang out with guys without any girls present – a lot of things stayed unspoken.

“It’s no big deal.” But his red hot face told a different story. “I know you have been, but well, it is kind of all new to me.”

I slapped my forehead. “God, I am so sorry, Sime. I truly am.” I threw my arms around him once more and pressed a kiss on his cheek. “I’ll make sure our first kiss is just perfect, okay?”

“That sounds pretty definite.” Simon said, smiling down at me. “What happened to neither of us being ready?”

“Oh, we’re not.” I said, backing away from him, but keeping one of his hands in mine. “But we will be one day, and I will make sure I won’t mess up our first kiss then. Now go hit the shower, you smell.”

“I do not.” he protested, but he headed for the shower anyway. “When I’m done, we’ll need to exchange gifts!” he told me before shutting the door. “It’s Christmas morning!”

 “This is too much.” Simon told me sternly when he had opened all of the gifts I had bought him. “You must have spent a fortune on me.” His eyes were sparkling though, and he’d already opened one of the books, ruffling though the pages.

“I’ll act as if you just thanked me politely and gave me a hug.” I said, shaking my head at him.

He smiled and opened his arms. “Come here!”

I threw myself into him and we fell backwards onto the couch. He started tickling me, and I cried out in laughter. I’m a very ticklish person, but I bet he was too. When I started tickling him, he almost fell of the couch. So, I was right: he actually was ticklish. While I tried to tickle him again, he flipped me over so he was on top. He pinned my arms above my head like I had done with him that morning and smiled down on me.

“Not so tough now, are you?” he whispered. His lips were so close to mine it was hard to think of anything else. God, we really needed to start acting like we weren’t ready for a relationship, instead of acting like two teens that were in love above everything else.

“That looks cozy,” Will’s dry voice sounded, followed by the sound of a door slamming shut.

“It does,” Antwan chimed in.

Simon quickly released me and pulled me up so that we were sitting. His face was flushed, but I was smiling widely. There was no point in being self-conscious. If this was really going to work out, everyone would have to get used to Simon and me fighting and kissing… Oops, I was getting ahead of myself again.

“We have presents for you!” I said, jumping up and down with excitement. “Sime, go get them.”

“Yes, boss.” He rolled his eyes at me, but got to his room to pick up the presents anyway.

“So, you got the guy whipped already?” Will mused. “Can’t say I’m surprised.”

“Don’t make any jokes in front of him,” I warned them speaking too low for Simon to hear me. “He’s… well, let’s just say all of this takes some getting used to.”