chapter 36

We finish up at the mall and we head home. We all decided to stay at my house because my mom won't be home until prom. 2 weeks away, and she's only coming home prom then leaving again. I want to take a big step with Taylor but I'm scared after what happened with Shawn and I. We all got home and I hang up my dress and pit my shoes in my closet. I head down stairs and its about 5:30. I told everyone in about an hour I'm going to have my friend pick me up so we can go tanning. They said ok. We just sat and hung out we filmed a video and some vines and I got a call. It was my friend coming to pick me up. I got in the car and plugged in my aux cord. We jammed to songs like no type, thief of the night, and swish. When we got to the tanning salon we got to our booths and went in. We went for 10 minutes. It was only 7:00 so we went and got some food. Then she drove me home. When I got home everyone was still there but Nash and Hayes were in their rooms and Taylor was in my room. The rest of the boys were sleeping in the living room. I went upstairs and Taylor was still awake. I changed into pajamas and got in bed with Taylor we turned on the TV cuddled and slowly fell asleep.

*time skipped*
It was the day of the prom. Taylor booked a hotel room and my mom was leaving after we leave for prom. My mom and I go to the salon and get my hair and nails done. After 3 hours of being there I was finally done. We went back to the house and I ate. I kicked Taylor out until it was time for him to pick me up. My mom and I talked about prom and how excited I was and how her prom was amazing. There was an hour left until Taylor was going to be here for pictures. So I went upstairs and blasted my music and I started my makeup. I started with color correcting then moved to foundation then went to concealer. I then set it all by baking and I did my eye shadow. I did a a brown and gold smokey eye and winged eyeliner. I put on false lashes. I contour then I finish by putting a liquid matte nude lipstick on. There was 20 minutes left so I got my dress on then my heels. I walked down stairs I texted Taylor and he said I'm outside can I come in I texted yeah. I went up the stairs and gave my mom my phone to record his reaction. He walked in and shut the door. I walked down the stairs and he fell to his knees and covered his mouth and yelled babe!! I asked do you like it? He said no I love it! You are gorgeous! I blushed we took pictures and then we headed to prom in a limo.

When we got there we all lined up for the grand march. I was in front with Taylor. Then the other candidates for prom queen and king. I walked thinking about how amazing it would be to win prom queen when only being a freshman.

We finally go in and we dance for an hour. At about 6:30 we all sit at seats to eat. The food was delicious we had tossed salad and pasta with bread. It was amazing. We then took some pictures and selfies with friends at about 8:30 they all called us to the dance floor to announce the prom court. First announced was lady and lord. It wasn't Taylor or I. Then prince and princess were announced Taylor was announced for prince along with my friend Julia. Lastly was queen and king. I crosses my fingers they announced king first. Jake Upman... Ugh I hats that guy he's a senior that walks around like he owns the school. Then queen was announced. It was me. I ran up to the stage and they put my crown on. They then called us out to the dance floor to do the prom court slow dance. I didn't get to dance with Taylor though. I had to dance with Jake. We were slow dancing and even with heels I struggled to get my arms to reach his neck. A little in to the dance Jake pulled me really close and tried to kiss me. I moved my head and laid it on his chest to avoid the kiss. Taylor would flip if that happened. I can't afford to hurt taylor again. Especially at his prom. The song finally finished after a long awkward dance with Jake. I then got to go back to Taylor. Him and I danced the whole night it was so magical. It was finally 11:30 it was time to go to the hotel. I have really sexy underwear on. Just in case. I didn't really think we were gonna do anything but cuddle but you never know. I went into the bathroom put my hair up and washed the make up off. I got into bed with Taylor. Both of us just in underwear. Nothing serious happened but we made out for hours. That honestly might have been more special than actually doing it. It was romantic and sweet. Before we went to bed Taylor cuddled close to me and whispered in my ear softly and sweetly and said,"just wait until tomorrow."

That sent chills up my spine and I cuddled closer to him. I then pulled up the covers to my neck kisses Taylor who was already sleeping good night. I then slowly felt my eyes get heavier and heavier until I could barely keep them open and I fell asleep.