A voice in my head was telling me to go back home. I should use the last of my energy to get home. The voice in my head was getting louder and I couldn’t ignore it any longer. I abruptly turned around and started running in the opposite direction, back home.

I was very far and I knew I wasn’t going to make it back home but at least I’ll be closer when I pass out. I forced my legs to move faster.

I finally saw the familiar neighborhood. I thanked god for helping me reach my neighborhood. I kept on running till I reached my front yard.

Brian was there running towards his car and when he spotted me, he screamed,

“Ade! Where were you?! What’s going on?!” he started running my way.

I vaguely noticed Lucas standing in his room, looking at me from his window.

“It was my fault Brian. It’s my fault! I was irresponsible. I’m a lousy sister. It’s my fault! I was the reason why he’s not here now!” I sobbed louder.

“Ade! Ade! Listen to me! Ade,” I felt Brian shake me but it was too late.

I blacked out.

“Adrianna please wake up,” I vaguely heard my mother’s broken voice.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw my parents and Brian hovering above me. I was lying on the couch in our little living room.

“Thank god you’re awake!” Mom exclaimed, hugging me tightly. Relief was clear in her voice.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

“Shh sweetie it’s okay,” she murmured, stroking my hair.

“How about we let her go to sleep and we’ll talk tomorrow?” Dad offered, probably noticing how tired I looked.

“That’s a great idea,” Brian agreed “You can sleep in my room Ade.”

“No,” I declined his offer “It’s okay Brian.”

“If you need anything, come to my room. Got it?” he said his eyes full of concern.

“Thank you,” I gave him a peck and went upstairs to my room.

I switched on the light and took a few shaky steps to my mirror.

I looked terrible. My eyes were bloodshot and dark circles were starting to form beneath them. I looked just as horrible as I felt.

I sat on the edge of my bed and took out the folder that held all the papers and memories I had with Marcus.

Silent tears crawled down my cheeks as I remembered my baby brother.

He had blond hair that fell above his innocent green eyes. The smile never left his face. He was always happy.

Marcus was the only person who could make me smile when I was sad.

There were pictures I took with him. His face was always smiling and happy. I loved him so much.

A tiny sad smile formed on my lips as I held the blue card he gave me the day he died. It was the day before my birthday. That card was his birthday gift.

On the front, it had a picture of me carrying him while he was smiling innocently. I opened it and read his messy handwriting,

‘Happy Birthday Adrianna! I love you’

He drew a huge heart at the bottom and a smiley face next to it.

Suddenly, someone jumped into my room and I quickly hid the folder.

I looked up at Lucas, surprised by his sudden appearance. His eyes were full of regret and guilt.

He walked over to me and wrapped me in a hug sending jolts of electricity through my whole body.

“I’m so sorry Anna. I’m so sorry,” he kept saying over and over again as I held him tightly, crying my eyes out.

And that’s how I fell asleep: crying in Lucas’s arms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kept my promises and uploaded earlier cause I got the amount of votes I asked for :)

This chapter has a twist ;) And it's gonna get even more interesting!

I was really happy when I woke up this morning and saw 39 votes on the previous chapter! :) Thank you all! <3

So as soon as I get 39 votes on this chapter I'll upload! (:

Have a wonderful day/night everyone!