Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The one thing worse than Monday morning is Tuesday morning. Ah who am I kidding? All school mornings suck equally.

“Get your lazy ass out of bed.” Brian’s head popped into my room and I threw a pillow at him. He chuckled.

“Why are you always hyper in the morning?” I mumbled into my pillow.

“One of us has to be,” he responded before closing my door and leaving.

I groggily went out of bed to get ready. I splashed freezing water on my face but it didn’t help much. I took my shorts and huge shirt off, tossing them on my bed. I then put on a pair of blue jeans and a white off the shoulder shirt. I quickly combed my hair before trotting down the stairs to the kitchen where the smell of pancakes was coming from.

“Mmmm,” I smelled the amazing scent of Brian’s pancakes.

He smiled as he placed a plate of pancakes in front of me. It took me no longer than three minutes to devour the whole plate.

Brian laughed at me but I just shrugged, “I’m leaving. Bye,”

“Have fun at school,” Brian called after me and I rolled my eyes even though he couldn’t see me. School is the complete opposite of fun.

I knocked on Lucas’ door and waited a few seconds before it opened revealing a happy Lucas dressed in blue jeans and a green shirt.

“Good morning,” he grinned.

“Ugh. You’re a morning person too?”

“I’m guessing you’re not,” he chuckled and I gave him a ‘no shit’ look.

We walked to school side by side in comfortable silence. I’m not in the mood for school. I think I’ll fall asleep the whole time. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan to me.

We arrived to school and I went to my locker, greeting a few people here and there. The curious looks Lucas was getting were less today but I noticed girls checking him out a lot. I did not want to know what they were thinking. Lucas on the other hand was oblivious to all the girls drooling.

A smirk made its way to my face and that’s when Lucas spoke up,

“What are you smirking about?” he asked still unaware of all the eyes on him.

“Nothing,” I sang sounding less convincing then I intended.

“I’m not taking that answer,” he frowned.

“Look around Lucas,” I told him as I opened my locker. He leaned against the locker beside me which belonged to Greta and looked at the people in the hallways.

“They’re still staring because I’m new. What’s the big deal?” he raised an eyebrow.

My smirk grew wider. Boys can be really stupid sometimes. “Oh really? Then why are the girls only staring?” I said emphasizing the ‘girls’ part.

“What?” he asked, tilting his head in confusion.

I sighed, “Look again. They are practically drooling!”

Realization flashed across his face and he smirked.

“Don’t get too jealous Anna,” he winked at me.

“Ha. Ha. Very funny,” I said sarcastically.

“I know you think I’m hot,” he smiled evilly and I slapped him.