Chapter 18

Chapter 18

No one woke me up this Monday. I woke up alone. Why? Well, I’ve been lying awake in my bed since 5:45a.m. Why does this keep on happening to me? Why do I always get this dream?

I sighed as I got out of bed and walked to my closet. I picked out a pair of black skinny jeans and a light blue loose shirt. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair before looking at the mirror.

I smiled. That’s one good thing about me; I don’t get dark circles beneath my eyes when I don’t sleep well. I usually get those when I cry a lot and that hasn’t happened in a long time.

As I was walking out of my room, I got the best idea in the world! I grinned as I went to the little closet in my room and took out what I was searching for, putting it in my bag.

Downstairs, dad and Brian were talking while mom was cooking breakfast. Surprised, I walked in the kitchen and asked my parents why they were still home. They were never here at this time; they usually leave for work earlier.

“We both took a day off today,” dad grinned at me.

Before I could even ask them why, mom spoke,

“We haven’t had a day together for a long time and we miss you two so we’ll be spending a real family night and afternoon today.”

I smiled, happy that I’m going to be spending time with my family. I quickly devoured the plate of eggs and bacons that mom gave me. I opened the door to find Lucas standing on the other side, ready to press the doorbell.

“Hey,” he smiled at me “You ready?”

“Yep,” I said popping the ‘p’, “Let’s go.”

I walked into Mr. Martin’s class, two minutes early but he was there anyway. He glanced at Lucas and I as we entered the class and I gave the fat teacher a mock salute. I heard a few students snicker as he glared at me and I glared back.

If you don’t respect me, I don’t respect you. Simple as that. I’m always good to him but he hates me and keeps trying to find any mistake I made. Why he hates me? I have no idea. But I finally gave up on trying to figure it out. I don’t care anyway. The important thing is that I’m getting good grades.

I walked to my seat and as soon as the bell rang, Mr. Martin started explaining a really boring lesson we’ve been taking for years.

I was sitting between Jackson and Lucas who were concentrating to what he was saying because they needed the grades. I decided not to bother them even though I already know this stuff. It’s their right to learn without being distracted.

I suddenly remembered what I had put in my bag this morning. Grinning, I opened my bag and took out a small purple pillow with teddy bears printed on it. I put it on my desk and laid my head on it. I smiled at how comfortable it felt.

I closed my eyes for a brief second before hearing someone whisper, “Anna? What the hell?”

I opened my eyes lazily. “What?” I asked innocently “It’s much more comfortable than the wooden table.”

I heard Jackson chuckle and I turned to look at him. His eyes were shining with amusement and I could tell that he was struggling not to laugh. I know he didn’t want to get caught.

“You seriously brought a pillow to class?” Lucas asked incredulously.

“Yes I did,” I replied closing my eyes again “Now shut up I want to sleep.”