Chapter 18

"Gaeul, do you want to see Jinyoung? I understand if you don't want to. I understand how you feel." Mark smiled at me weakly, his back resting on the frame of the door.

"Sure. I'll just hope for the best." Smiling, I put my hand on the cold door handle, dragging the door open.

"Patient Park Jinyoung had short term memory loss. There was a lot of damage done to his brain but it's a miracle he wasn't as hurt as most patients who come in with a similar accident. He is going to remember most of the things but we need to watch and see up to what he remembers. Most likely he will remember everything except for the things that brought him pain or made a huge negative impact on him."

"Ey Jinyoung hyung, remember when we went to the restaurant when we were trainees and had to do the dishes because we broke an expensive plate while doing stupid things?" I heard the laughter of the members including Jinyoung. He remembers.

"I'm not sure if it really happened or if it was a dream but I remember a Ferris wheel and a camera. I think I was taking a pic-" His eyes fell on me, his face full of confusion.

"Who's that?" My heart shattered as I heard those very words I've been begging and praying not to hear. A laugh escaped my lip as I walked over to the hospital bed. I could feel the eyes of everyone who heard his question but I decided to ignore it.

"Hi Jinyoung, I'm Gaeul. Seeing how you reacted to my presence, I'll just assume you don't remember me. We've talked a couple times but we weren't that close. Nice to meet you.. again?" I held out my hand, asking for a hand shake. He hesitantly took my hand and shook it once, his grasp weak.

"Wait what are you talking about Gaeul? You're his girlfri-" Bambam's mouth was shut before he continued on with his sentence.

"Bambam shut up." Jaebum frowned before taking his hand off his mouth.

"What are you talking about? Girlfriend? Me? Pft guys stop joking around." They all started laughing very awkwardly, saying that they were joking while Jinyoung sat at his bed confused as hell. His face was stone cold and straight, being the only one not laughing. His hands curled into fists as he clenched his jaw.

"Can you guys please leave my room? I need a word with... um Gaeul was it?" The other members quieted down, looking at me for confirmation. I stayed quiet, slowly nodding my head. Every single cell in my body shaking with fear, scared that he would say something I didn't want to hear from him.

"So. You're Gaeul? How come I don't remember you? Were you important to me?" I stood speechless, no words able to come out of my mouth. All the words that were forming in my brain was mushed together in a jumble.

"Were you really my girlfriend? If you were, why don't I remember you. Are you trying to trick me or something? Because if you are, it's not going to work. You aren't my type. I would never date someone like y-" The door slammed open, Soonyoung oppa walking into the room. He stopped by my side and put an arm around my shoulder.

"I would very much like it if you didn't talk like that to my girlfriend please and thank you. I'm sure you aren't her type either. She just wanted to be friends with you okay? Be grateful she cares about you." Soonyoung took me out of my room before my knees gave out on my weight. He stayed quiet until we reached the end of the hallway where everyone was sitting. The moment I saw Mark I broke down and cried my heart out.

"Why did this happen to him? Why did he have to meet someone like me and have something like this to happen? Why? This is all my fault. All my fault.." Mark ran to my side and gave me a big hug, letting me cry all I wanted. They sat me down on a chair and let me calm down before they started asking me numerous questions.

"What do you mean by it's all your fault?" Yugyeom stared at me with a confused look, resting his chin on his hand and tilting his head to the left.

"The reason why I left you guys and Jinyoung was because my dad was threatening me that he would do something to the people who I love it I didn't send him money." Soonyoung squeezed my shoulder slightly. I looked down at my hands, tears dropping on my legs one by one.

"I think the best thing to do right now is not to tell Jinyoung about any of this. I should go now. I shouldn't be here." Standing up, I waved at them before leaving with Daehyun and Soonyoung. My head stayed parallel with the floor, only following Soonyoung's and Daehyun's foot.

"Hey Daehyun can you go without us? I think I need to take Gaeul out for a bit." I felt his stare.

"Sure. See you back at the house." He walked off to the parking lot, leaving the two of us in awkward silence. We walked out of the hospital and started heading to the nearest ice cream store.

"So does that mean I have to act like your boyfriend every time I see him?" He winked and bumped his shoulder into mine. I groaned and made a face at the thought but was soon expressionless as I stopped in front of the electronics store.

"...it was said that Mr. Park, a well known gambler was the mastermind behind the devastating hit and run accident, leaving the whole country in tears as they heard the news that Junior, a member from the country's boyfriend idol Got7, was hit by a car. We have yet to find out who the mysterious boy in black who drove the car was but all that was found was a phone with these very recordings on it. 'Mr. Jeon, I have another offer for you. This time it's for a lot of money... that is if you don't get caught doing this. I want you to hurt the little boy my daughter always has by her side. This is possibly the last thing we can do. She's giving me less and less money each time. No buts Mr. Jeon. Think about your poor mother laying in the hospital, in need of treatment. Time will only hurt her more than help her.... I'll take that as a yes and hang up now. Goodbye.' And this is not it. It seems that this mastermind had tried to threaten her with the thinks she valued, trying to get money out from his own daughter. He put a boy next to her after she moved away to keep an eye on her. It also seems that Junior tried to save the poor little boy and got hit instead...." The puzzle pieces all clicked together in my head as I saw the news on the accident that happened right in front of my eyes. It all made sense now. This was all just my dad. Everything else made sense except one thing.

Jeon... mother who's sick... by my side..... Jeon Jungkook?