8.Outside

Throne was pacing the room. It had been a couple of hours since the food had been eaten, and he was now able to walk by himself. With out Lilian to aid him.

Lilian was sitting on the bed, watching him as he moved. Even in the small room he walked with the grace and stealth of a predator.

Thorne looked at her, and she held eye contact with him for a moment, and then he was back to pacing.

He hadn't sat down since the cuffs had come off, obviously not taking for granted being somewhat more free.

Lilian couldn't help herself, "Why did they chain you to that wall?" She questioned curiously.

Thorne growled softly, "I've done some terrible things in my time" He stoped infront of her, "They thought it would weaken me, break my spirit I presume."

Lilian's heats clenched, "But why did they tie you up like that, it's cruel."

He smirked, "I tried to escape, a week before you came atually." His eyes swept up and down her body, "These walls are weak, if you know where to hit them."

He stalked ever closer, asessing her like prey.

"What did you do?" She asked, her breath leaving her as he drew closer. She had killed many people, more than she had been sentenced for. What had he done?

His eyes darted to her lips and back to her eyes, Lilian found herself growing hot.

"I've murdered people, but only those who deserve it." He was now standing between her legs as she rested on the bed. "I've stabed countless people through the heart, and I've forgotten how many have died at my hands."

He lent in closer to her, "I've done things, bad things." Thorne's nose ran along the inside of her throat, her breath hiched. He breathed in deeply, as if committing her smell to memory.

His mouth found a section of her skin, on the junction between her collar bone and neck, and he placed a light kiss on the area.
Lilian let out a moan, and felt blush rush to her cheaks.

Suddenly he took a step back, his eyes were dark, black ink swirled in their depth.

She took a shaky breath. "But that's enough about me," His voice was husky, "Why are you here, Lilian?"

Lilian took another breath to steady her composure, before answering, "I've killed people too, but not all of them deserved it." She continued, "I'd kill whoever, just as long as the person who wanted them dead payed enough."

A smile played along his lips, "Oh, an assassin. Came across a few of your kind, not a very nice bunch are you?"

Lilian's jaw clenched, "at least I remember each person I end."

Thorne raised his hands in mock surrender, " I ment no offence, Lilian."

The way her name rolled of his tounge made her want to melt, she didn't know why he had this effect on her. Her mind flashed back to his lips on her neck, and she shivered, biting her own lip.

He eyes zeroed in on her lips; his exspresion changing from the playful smirk, to a darker heat. "You're beautiful, you know." He comented, as if it was the most normal thing to spring on her.

She smiled, her beauty was as much of a weapon as her hands, but also a danger, "I know." It wasn't boastful, just the truth.

He grinned turning away from her he walked towards the door of the cell. "They'll be coming to take us to the yard."

Sure enough, there was the groan of iron on stone, similar to the sound only hours ago when they had opened the door.

Thorne walked out infront of her, Ten men lined each side of the corridor, each man holding two blades out in front of him. Lilian presumed they weren't taking any chances.

Thorne didn't look in her direction as they were marched down the dimly lit hall.

After a rew minutes walk they reached an outdoor area. It was so highly protected that it may as well have been inside.

High barbed wire fences lined the compound, at least 40 feet in the air. Men stood stationed every couple of yards around the edge.

The ground was all stone, except one area were patchy grass struggled up through the arid soil.

Lilian dicided it would be best to stretch her legs, if she was going to be inside for who knows how long. She started to run around the outside of the area.

Lilian had always been fast, ever since she was young. She had also found it to be a useful tool for her line of work. To her suprise Thorne started jogging along beside her. She spared a glance at him and found him smiling ever so slightly, but focused on the path ahead.

She pushed up her speed, and Thore, at her side, matched it. He ran a little faster and she sped up to keep pace with him. Fine she would play his game.

She pushed on trying to out run him, but he kept up easily. His small smile had turned into an almost feral grin. He pushed on untill Lilian was finding it hard to keep up, and if he sped up any more she wouldn't be able to.

They kept at this pace for the whole hour untill one of the guards told them to, get the arses back inside.

"You're pretty fast for a-" Thorne cut himself off.

"For a girl," Lilian finished sourly, panting heavily.

"That wasn't what I was going to say," Thorne defended himself, "I was going to say, human."

Lilian stared at him, and raised an eyebrow, "What and you're not?" She asked sarcastically.

He smiled to himself, "Less than you think."