5.Meeting

The man was sitting, hunched up against the wall. And even from that position she could tell he was tall, he would tower over her if he stood.

His face was handsome, but he looked ill. His dark eyes were surrounded by black rings and seemed to have sunk into his skull. His plump lips, were dry and chapped, and his whole demeanor screamed exhaustion.

He was looking at her with deep blue eyes that almost looked black in the shallow light of the room.

He was breathing heavily and she noticed that he was trying to pull his hands away from their chained position on the wall. Because of his actions the metal was cutting into his wrists and blood was running down his toned arms.

She felt an ache in her chest at the sight of him helpless, but she wasn't sure why, she didn't know him.

The man pulled again at the cuffs, harder than before and a torrent of blood came streaming out.

"Stop!" She cried, he looked at her, and tilted his head to one side like a predator assessing her.

She ran forward and grabbed his arm to stop him moving it. Suddenly a shock of electricity danced down her arm, and she jumped back in confusion. Staring at his arm, then her own in awe.

She reached out again and the same thing happened but she was expecting it and didn't let go of his arm.

"Stop moving." Lilian wispered, checking over his wounds, "Why did they chain you?"

He didn't reply just watched her with eyes filled with fascination.

The metal had torn his skin into ribbons of flesh, she hissed imagining his pain.

She took the bottom of her top and pulled.

His eyes narrowed "What are you doing?" He asked. This time is was her turn to remain silent.

His voice was deep and husky but raw, and it made her core clench.

She tore her mind away from his voice and focused on the task in hand. She ripped a length of fabric from her top and then halved that, to make two strips of bandage.

She took his wrist gently and bound it tightly with the cloth. He didn't even wince as she pressed down on it, just stared at her in a rather unerving way.

The blood almost immediately soaked through the bandage, but she tied the other aswell anyway.

She looked at the chains still binding him to the wall and tried to see a way to remove them. Obviously they couldn't be broken, he had proved that already, but there had to be some sort of clasp or keyhole.

Feeling around a bit she found and indent with a little hole in it, so, she thought, they could be unlocked but not without the key.

Lilian sat back down in front of him, and wondered why she had been put here.

The cell was like her own, with a thin bed, a sink and a grey toilet, with a panel across it to provide some privacy. But it was larger, maybe ten square metres. It also had a small hach by the door which she assumed was for delivering food, without having to enter the room.

She wondered what this man had done to achieve such security.

"What's your name?" She turned back to him at his question.

"Um, I'm..." she debated giving him a fake name, but decided against it. "Lilian."

He nodded and repeated it under his breath. The way he said it sent tremors through her body.

She stumbled over her words, "what's y-yours?"

"Thorne."