4.New Home

It was her third night in the prison, and she was just about getting used to it.

The food was terrible but she hadn't been expecting much. Most days it was some sort of goop, that they liked to call poridge.

Then one hour of grueling labour in the grounds, under strict supervision from a guard. Then back inside and after another two hours in the cell it was lunch.

It was potatoes, always potatoes, mashed, boiled, but always the same. It was always acompanied with some soggy greens, beans or cabbage. And a lump of meat so brown and mushy Lilian couldn't even tell what animals arse it had come from.

It was the end of the day now, and Lilian knew that she wasn't looking towards a peaceful sleep.

The howling had been just the same last night. And she suspected that it would be the same story for tonight.

"Lights out," came the familiar voice of the night guard. Almost at once the whole complex was plunged into darkness.

And then it began.

The noise penetrated her skull, reverberating around her brain. It hurt, but not like a headache, it was like sharp pain deep within her.

"Give her to me!" The growl was as loud and menecing as it had been the first time.

Lilian figured that they should just hand over this girl that he wanted so much.

Sudenly she herd loud footsteps of maybe, three or four guards, probably running towards the comotion.

But then the footsteps slowed, then stoped altogether. There was a rattling of keys and then one was inserted into a lock.

The lock on her door.

She sat up with a mixture of suprise and worry. Where were they taking her.

Three guards burst into the small room, making it seem chlostrophobic. They were wearing the night guard uniform, black all over.

"Come on." Said one grufly, grabbing her arm. As he started to pull her to the door, she relised she still had the blanket gripped in her fist.

Another man took her other arm, "Drop it!" The command was sharp, and it tool a couple seconds for her tired brain to posses it.

"DROP IT," This command came with a slap to the face. She flinched back slightly. That was going to bruise.

She let the blanket fall to the floor.

Instantly she was pushed out into the corridor, and marched down the hall composed of grey squares.

"Where are we going?" Lilian's voice was weak and sore. And she hadn't spoken in three days she relised.

"Shut up." Was her only reply.

They had walked for a good ten minutes now, and were far away from her section of the prison.

There was one cell, by its self. It had two doors that could only be opened one at a time, and the metal was stronger and thicker than her own.

The first door was opened, and she walked in to the space between this one and the next. The door behind her closed and the second door opened with a creak. There was no way of escaping this cell.

As the second door closed it pushed Lilian roughly into the room. She stumbled forward, unsteady and weak from hunger.

The room was bigger than her own, and the first thing she noticed was a man, chained to the opposite wall.

His head rose and her stared at her with black eyes.

"Mine."