7.Sharing

She woke with a start. Her neck had cramp from the uncomfortable sleeping position, but it was the best nights rest she'd had in a long time.

Thorne was still asleep, his head rolled to the side, black hair swept over his brow. She took a moment to take in his beauty, then stood.

Seeing as he was asleep, she decided to make the most of it. She got up and quickly used the toilet, the metal cold against her skin, and she flushed it with a wince, hoping the noise of the running water wouldn't wake him.

His smooth face was furrowed in a frown and he let out a noise of discomfort, noticing her absence. Unconsciously he yanked on the chains and she fell to her knees infront of him, holding his arms still to prevent him hurting himself.

He awoke with a grunt and his eyes snapped to hers, they swept over her body, as if asessing her.

"They might send breakfast in a minute, now that you're here" He murmured, " have as much as you like, I'm not hungry."

She nodded and sure enough a closed tray came clattering thoughthe hatch the door. It landed with a clunk and the metal lip popped off.

She walked over to it.

Damn potatoes.

Picking it up and walking over to were he sat, she slid down the wall beside him, it was rough behind her back.

Taking the spoon she shovled the lumpy colourless food into her mouth, ravenous with hunger. After a minute of eating, fast enough to win a marathon, she glanced up at Thorne, he was eyeing the food enviously.

"Do you want some?" She questioned, offering the plate to him nervously. His eyes darted up towards his hands, he wouldn't be able to feed himself.

"Oh, um I can, uh feed you if you want?" She suggested, not making eye contact with him.

He let out a low chuckle, his voice like molten gold. "Go on then."

She scooped a pile of mash onto the spoon, and moved it towards his lips. He opened them, and gently she passed the food through them.

He pulled it of the spoon with his mouth, a little getting left on his lips. She watched silently as his pink tongue swept out and caught it, mesmerising Lilian with just one movement.

Realising that she was staring, Lillian looked away, blood rushing to her cheaks in a torrent.

He had a nice tongue.

Where had that thought come from, she thought to herself in outrage and shook herself off, he wasn't anyone she knew. How could someone have a nice tongue anyway?

She couldn't let herself get soft.

That was what got her in here in the first place.

It took alot of self control, for her not to smash the next spoonful into that smug smirk, that was playing on his lips.

She dug the spoon in to the mash and continued to feed him.

Suddenly, the door to the cell groaned, it was opening.

Lilian jumped up; Thorne, still on the floor growled.

Four men walked in. Each was armed with only a thin sword. The marched into the room, spreading out in a semi circle with backs to the door. Their weapons were outstretched, waiting untill the door closed behind them.

Lilian pushed her back against the wall, were they here to take her away?

But only one of the men advanced on her, gesturing with his weapon for her to back into the corner.

She did so slowly untill he was standing between her and Thorne. She looked up into the slots in his helmet that showed his eyes. They were a stunning blue, and she relised she recognised them.

He was the guard from the start, the one who had brought her clothes.

The three others, moved as one towards Thorne. Two pointed there swords at his face, the other knelt down. "Don't try anything, or he'll hurt her." The man spoke, his voice like gravle against her ears.

The man infront of her swallowed, as if doubting he'd be able to.

She smirked at him, slipping back perfectly into her mask of cool indifferent and arrogance.

The guard by Thorne produce a key, and slowly pushed it into the hole in the shackles.

The lock clicked.

"Don't remove your hands untill we're at the door," the rough voiced guard said, backing up slowly.

Lilian relised that the man, well maybe only a boy, infront of her was shaking slightly, his blue eyes darting between her and Thorne.

The men went back to the door, never taking there eyes off Thorne. The blue eyed boy also retreated, and the four of them slowly left the cell.

Once they had gone Lillian rushed to Thorne.

Undoing both his hands, he lowered them to his sides, groaning as his muscles protested against the foreign position.

"Goddess, that feels good," His wrists were torn apart and the bandage she had put on was so drenched in blood, that they fell off as soon as he moved his arms.

Slowly she helped him get up from the sitting position. He stood shakily, leaning most of his weight on her.

It took all her strength to stop herself from stumbling. She helped him make his way around the room, stretching out his legs.

Again Lilian wondered what he had done to merit being locked up so cruelly.