Key #1

You guys, House of Hades reached 4.6K reads, 110 votes, and 42 comments. I'm very proud and grateful, so thank you, everyone.

Dedication goes to my latest follower (which I totally forgot to do last time) kekepop101
(Sorry if I spelled that wrong)

This story reached 1.3K reads, 57 votes, and 179 comments. I now have 29 followers, where I doubted I would even get one.

Who would think, someone like me could get 29? This may not be a big deal compared to some of the other authors that have over like 500 followers, but to me it's entirely huge. Thank you all, and I love you.

The author's note at the end is very important, and might be a bit long, but it's extremely important.

Caterpillars!

Key #1

Natsu PoV

We were headed South, according to Yukino. Happy and Yukino were discussing something about the keys, while only one thought ran through my mind.

Lucy.

I was thoroughly confused. I didn't know what to say, to do, or to even think. My world was twisted. So many questions ran through my head that if I even tried to understand one of them then my head started hurting.

But everything got zoned out by Lucy. The way she smiled, the way she laughed, the way she talked to me. She had taken over my mind.

I sighed and tried to answer some questions, to relieve the pressure in my head.

Who was Lucy to me?

Normally, I would say a friend, but she seemed like something more. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that she wasn't just a friend. That kiss we shared, the way I felt protective about her, was this something more?

I shook my head and focused on the next question.

Igneel had come that day, when Lucy had summoned Heavana. How was everything related?

This question, no matter how hard I though about it, I could not answer. It was just blank.

"Natsu-kun, are you okay?" Yukino asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered back automatically.

"Finding the keys will be much harder then we thought, Natsu-kun. We have no lead or clue at all." Yukino began.

"Aye." Happy agreed.

"I know what the keys smell like." I replied. I took a big whiff of the air, but there was nothing but unfamiliar scents. "Nothing."

Yukino sighed. We were walking up a trail leading into the mountains. A few hours had to have passed since we left the guild, and I realized that we hadn't rested and with Yukino's injured leg we had to take a break.

"Let's stop here." I announced, curving of the path and into a clearing.

Yukino looked relieved and sat down, stretching out her legs. "I'll get us something to eat. Happy, you stay here." I called, turning away.

I took another whiff of the air, the scent of water filling my nose. I followed the scent to a river, running down the mountain. I realized I had nothing but my backpack and sleeping bag, since we didn't stop to re-stock. I felt stupid, and searched through my pack for a container or bottle.

Luckily, I found a bottle with some milk in it, but the milk was spoiled. I dumped it into the river and watched the stain of white wash away. Then I cleaned the bottle and filled it with fresh water, and then listened for an animal.

I heard the tapping of a small animal, and immediately sprang in that direction. I ended up on top of a bunny, which got squashed under me.

I picked it up and headed back to Yukino and Happy. Yukino ate it happily, but Happy kept complaining that there was no fish. We laughed at him, and for one second I thought I was with Lucy.

She would always be in my heart.

We walked on ahead, after a few minutes of resting. Something familiar tickled my nostrils and I raised my head sharply.

I breathed in the scent of the key, which reminded me so much of Lucy. I rushed off in the direction, Yukino and Happy trying to keep up.

The key, there it was. It was on the other side of a glass barrier. I pounded on the glass, but it didn't even crack.

"There it is!" Yukino gasped as she came up. Happy was out of breath and he just fell on me, while Yukino leaned against the glass and caught her breath.

Yukino stood upright, and she left fingerprints on the glass. Even though it looked so insignificant, I felt that those fingerprints could cause us a lot of trouble.

"Glass is like your eyes, a single word or touch can tear it up or smudge it. It displays your reflection, your past, your future, the struggles you have been through. " A voice said. It was an enchanting voice, filled with emotion and pain, somewhat broken yet it contained a wavering hope.

"I have been expecting you, Fairy Tail." A lady landed infront of us. She was wearing a white cloak that draped over her shoulders. A beige dress dropped down to her feet, wearing a simple sandal, durable yet pretty. Her silky, icy blonde hair fell to her mid back, her warm, brown eyes containing a lifetime of experience and pain. A golden circlet was set perfectly upon her head, making her look even more beautiful. The best word to describe her was perfect. There was nothing at all that was wrong with her.

"P-Pretty...." Happy murmured.

"Things are only as pretty as you seem them, Exceed. Your perception of me is beautiful, while others might find faults with me." The lady said.

"We need that key." Yukino said bluntly. She was the only one who didn't seem caught up in her beauty, which made me realize, was it a spell?

"Sadly, I cannot allow you to take that key. Although I prefer peace, if you must take that key you will have to after you defeat me, Altaria." The woman said.

"Anything for Lucy." I said, stepping forward.

"Lucy? Lucy Heartifilia? Not to break your heart, but she has descended into darkness, and cannot be rescued. Your efforts are futile." Altaria said.

"I-I don't believe you!" I yelled.

"I don't lie. Lies are only sweet and temporary ways of fooling your mind, and hiding it from reality." Altaria shook her head softly.

"SHUT UP! Fire Dragon's Punch!" I threw a punch at Altaria, who swiftly dodged, landing in front of Yukino, who was unarmed and had no magic.

"Happy!" I yelled.

"Aye sir!" Happy picked up Yukino and flew her away.

"It's my turn, Natsu." Altaria said. "Glass-Make, Rain" (A/N hint hint hint: My other book's name which you should totally check out) Something pounded down onto my head, like sharp objects. I couldn't see anything, but I felt it. It was broken glass.

I cried in pain and tried to escape, but I couldn't see where I was going and ended up tripping and landing flat on my face. Groaning, I got up and glared at the white-haired lady. She was really starting to tick me off now.

"Fire Dragon's Sword Horn" I charged towards her, watching her feet carefully waiting for when they would spring away, so I could change my course. Before I knew it she had jumped behind me and I barely dodged a kick. Doing a flip I grabbed her by the shoulders and pinned her down.

"Roar of the Lightning Flame Dragon" I yelled, a surge of electricty wrapping around the flames that errupted from my mouth. Pushing myself away, I sprang back a few feet and waited for the smoke to clear.

To my surprise, she was standing. I watched her in shock as she walked towards me. "Glass-Make, Piercer" A sharp and clear object appeared in her hand, but I couldn't see what it was. She moved quickly and fiercly, nearly killing me mulitple times. She was holding some sort of a knife or dagger, but it moved too fasst for me to see. Plus, it was clear.

Then, I backed up to the glass wall that had been blocking us from getting to the key. I was trapped, I couldn't go much further and pretty much out of magic, since I had used nearly all of it in my roar. My options of escaping looked incredibly bad and so, I was pretty much dead.

"I think red suits glass, don't you?" Altaria asked. By red I realized she ment blood and I got ready for the impact.

Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. Altaria pushed her dagger or knife thing towards me, getting closer every second. The ground behind her exploded and a certain pink haired girl jumped out, kicking Altaria in the face and making her land on the ground. Everything went back to normal speed and I took the chance to leap away.

"Been a while, Virgo." I greeted.

"Time for punishment?" Virgo asked.

I laughed while Yukino told Virgo to finish off Altaria. Virgo buried her in the ground, and returned back to the surface. Her shackles clanked as she spun around and landed infront of us, bowing down.

"Thank you, Virgo. You can leave now." Yukino said. Virgo disappeared in a cloud of dust.

"Mission acomplished! Time for home now, right?" Happy asked.

"Aye!" I said back, turning back towards Fairy Tail.

We're one step closer to rescuing Lucy.

Okay people, here's the important A/N so listen up, er look up? Read up? I don't know just pay attention.

I've joined this corporation where my PoV on bullying will be published in a book. To read this(it's not published yet but it will be soon), go to Lucy_Heart_Filia's profile page and go to her works and start reading. It's is EXTREMELY important because bullying is a matter that happens everywhere, and infact, it might be happening to you right now. I haven't been a victim, but I know exactly what it feels like so please support us!

No one should feel this way, or make someone else feel this way.

Quote:

Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain.

~Levy McGarden

Bye and don't forget to vote, comment add my story to your reading list/library, and follow!

~Infinte_Warrior