Chapter 23 - The big black wolf

I woke up and stretched my body. I smiled as I thought of last night. I turned over expecting Kye to be there but instead there was a big black wolf. I screamed and fell on the floor. The wolf lifted its big head and opened its eyes. Those eyes.

"Kye?"

The wolf looked up at me and then at its paws, it fell back and started to panic.

"Kye calm down please" He looked at me and lay down. "What happened?" I said to myself. "Ok Kye think of your human vampire form. Picture yourself turning back to normal"

He must have listened to me because I heard his bones popping it to place. He looked up to me shocked.

"What happened last night?" He asked.

"Well after we finished marking eachother I have no idea what happened. You know what im really thirsty" I walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. I drank the whole bottle and threw it in the bin.

"Elizabeth I turned in to a fricking wolf" He shouted.

"Hey calm down. We'll drive back home and figure something out. I'm still thirsty" I moaned.

"Oh my god. Elizabeth if I turned in to a wolf does that mean you turned in to a vampire?" He questioned.

"I hope not. Hold on" I thought about turning in to my wolf. I felt my body change so I changed back. "Well I can still turn"

"So your thirsty. Come here a sec" I walked over to him."Now smell my neck then show me your teeth" I did as he said. "Oh my good god your a vampire Elizabeth"

"Don't be silly" I laughed.

"Look in the mirror" He said. I got up and walked to the bathroom. Oh my he's right.

"Kye what's happening?" I gasped.

"I don't know but let's head home. First you need blood" He walked over to the bed and lay down."Now come over here smell my neck and instinct will take over"

"No i'll hurt you"

"You wont it's just like pleasure trust me it's just what you felt when I marked you" I smiled at the thought. I walked over to the bed and did what he said. It turned in to more....

A few hours later and we're half way home.

"Shit!" I shouted. Kye quickly pulled over.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I totally forgot Tom's birthday a couple of months ago. He turned 21" I gasped. "I'm a terrible sister"

"Don't worry how about we throw him a belated birthday party this Saturday. I'll arrange it all" He said.

"I guess we could. Could we go shopping Saturday morning?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'll tell everyone to tell everyone and not to tell Tom" He smiled. I leaned over and pecked his lips.

"Thank you"

We continued driving home. Once we got there everyone was in the living room. Dan, Elise, Tom, Sian, Kallum, Luke and Andy.

"Wow look who mated last night" Kallum winked. I hit him on the head. 

"Guys something wierd has happened. Come outside" They all followed me and Kye outside. "Kye show them" He nodded his head and went in to the tree line.

"What's he supposed to be doing?" Tom asked.

"Just wait and you'll see" I said. A few seconds later a big black wolf come out the tree's.

"Is that Kye?" Elise gasped.

"Yeah, it's wierd, he can turn in to a wolf and I have a craving for blood" I stated.

"What the hell?" Dan said.

"I think I know who can help" Elise said. "Meredith, she has told me she's seen things that no person could ever understand"

"Right so I guess we shoud speak to her" I said. Kye changed and walked back to us. We walked to the other pack house. When we walked in we was greeted by Ellie. Kye picked her up and put her on his shoulders.

"Where's your grandma?" I asked her.

"She's on the swing chair out the back" She smiled. I thanked her and went out to Meredith.

"So you and Kye mated?" She said.

"Yeah how do you know?" I asked.

"A pack knows when their Alpha mates. The bond between a pack strenthens and we can smell it to" She laughed.

"Oh so you must know what has happened to me and Kye" I asked.

"Yeah I sure do. Follow me" She stood up and began to walk towards the woods. I followed her soon joined bye Kye.

"Where is she going?" He whispered. I strugged. We walked for about half an hour before we came to a small clearing.

"This is where the last two pure wolves died. They wasn't just wolves. They were just like you two. They were the only ones who got to mate before they were found out. Years ago, when people found out that a vampire and wolf were mates they would both be killed instantly because children of a wolf and a vampire are supposed to be powerful indistructable even. So you see after the last known pure wolf was known to have mated with a vampire they were both killed. You and Kye should be careful there's no doubt that every pack around the world knows about you guys and that could be dangerous. The fact that you now crave blood and Kye can turn in to a wolf is because your souls have interwined with eachother. There has also never been an Alpha that has mated with a vampire so your children will be very strong and also in a lot of danger" Meredith said sitting down.

"So what your saying is we are the only the second mated vampire and wolf to ever mate and our children will be in danger when they're born" I said.

"Yes but because you are a Alpha your pack will always protect your children no matter what and maybe being a Alpha that would make people think about a vampire and wolf mate as a good thing" She said.

"I guess so I mean if children from a wolf and vampire are strong wouldn't that be a good thing for a pack" I suggested.

"Exactly" She smiled.

"Don't worry Elizabeth I will always protect you and our children" Kye said.

"Well i'm not having any children yet" I laughed.

"We'll see" Meredith smiled."So you see you two are special. You could be the key to a stronger species"

"Well thanks Meredith" I said.

"You are most welcome dear" Meredith said."I should head back i'll see you both later or something"

We both said goodbye.

"So what do you think is going to happen to us?" Kye asked.

"Hopefully people will just leave us alone" I sighed. Kye came behind me and hugged me.

"No matter what happens I will protect you" He said,

"I love you"

"I love you too Elizabeth. Now let's go wolf, I quite enjoy being a big furry creature" He laughed.

"Last one to the house smells" I shout as I turn wolf and run.