Krislynn shrugged hesitantly as the news echoed in the background. “I don’t know,” she murmured. “I mean, you sort of stood me up last night.”

“But I thought we were over that?”

“We are over that,” she reinforced. “We’re very over that! But you still stood me up, and there’s a difference between forgiving and doing it all over again.”

“So basically, you don’t trust me anymore.” Chase went silent, both his head and eyes lowered. It wasn’t awkwardness, but tension, and for a moment, it took over the entire room. “Please?” He came back with a smug look, apparently trying for something a little bit more light-hearted and cocky. “Baby, I could rock your world.”

Krislynn laughed. “I can rock my own, thanks.”

His smirk only grew. “Bet you can’t rock your bed by yourself.”

“Not like something of your size can rock much,” she muttered, and watched his expression as it quickly sunk. “You know what I thought when I smacked my knee into your crotch last night?” She said, deciding to jab it even further. “I was like, ‘holy shit! Wow! There’s like, nothing there!!’”

His face grew into a demon’s – eyes filled with so much hot rage that he looked like he might start exploding. He jumped off the bed immediately and started stomping away, and suddenly feeling a little bit bad, Krislynn called out to him. “Wait Chase! Don’t be so short-tempered. I was just teasing!”

He spun his head around and let out a beastly growl. “I’m going to find measuring tape!!” He shouted, digging into her drawers. “I’m going to prove myself to you today once and for all!”

Krislynn couldn’t help but roll with laughter. “No Chase! Please spare me! No measuring tape! Please!”

“It gets a lot bigger once I’m fully aroused okay?!”

“Okay,” she squealed hysterically. “Okay! I get it! No measuring tape! Pleaase!”

“You don’t believe me?!!” He screamed.

“Noooo,” she cried, her stomach aching from the laughter. “I believe you! I believe you!”

“I’ve got a ruler!”

“I believe you,” she giggled. Quickly, moving the bed tray to the side, Krislynn walked over to where Chase was standing and warmly hugged him from behind, her hands making a neat knot against his washboard abs. Soft, unrestrained chuckles continued coming out of her mouth as she pressed her nose into the small indent of his spine.

“Are you sure?” He raged. “Because I could whip it out right now! I could show you!!”

“I’m sure,” she laughed. “I believe you alright? I’ve never believed you more than this moment right now!”

“Okay, but those are your words,” Chase said abruptly. Krislynn couldn’t tell what he was thinking as his hands moved over to where hers were, gently unknotting them before he placed his much bigger hands over top of her smaller ones – each finger intertwined through hers. “You said, you’ve never believed me more than this moment right now, and right now, I’m telling you, I really want to go out with you tonight. I want to make it a night you won’t ever forget.” Slyly, he peeked over his shoulder at her. “Do you believe me?”

Krislynn’s heartbeat jumped at his words. She hid unsurely behind his back for a moment before she tugged away, but he knew her well, and had already set up the precaution before she could see it coming. With gentle ease, his hands gripped onto hers and easily pulled her back in as soon as she started pulling away, causing the front of her body to bump into his back. He crisscrossed his own arms in front of him after, still holding tightly onto her hands so that her arms had to wrap around his waist in the process.