14: Family Bonding

Start from the beginning

"Dad, I understand what you're trying to say, I just don't want to get hurt again."

"Haz, you have to start dating again. It'll be good for you baby" my mum says.

"Yeah I guess" I say.

"You should ask Selena out!" Gemma suddenly suggests.

"What? No!" I quickly respond.

"Harry, tell me honestly, do you like Selena or not?" My mum asks me seriously.

I do, no I don't. I think about her all the time. Who am I kidding, I do. Should I tell my parents? Should I ask Selena out-

"Do you Haz?" My dad asks interrupting my thoughts.

I swallow a lump in my throat,"I think I do!"

"Then ask her out!" Gemma suggests.

"Haz. If you like Selena, ask her out. You can't let a girl like her slip away." Mum adds.

"But like, what she says no?" I ask nervously.

"Aww Haz is nervous!" Gemma says.

"Harry, why would she reject a guy like you? She wouldn't Harry. You should just ask her out already!" Mum says.

"I'm not giving anything away, Sel is my best friend and no one knows her better then I do. Trust me when I say this, she's not going to reject you!" Gemma says.

"So you all think I should ask her out?" I ask.

"Yes, Harry! Selena is a wonderful girl. You should ask her out and see where things go." My mum says.

"Well, okay. I guess I will. " I say.

"Don't over think it too much okay?" Gemma says.

"Yeah okay. Speaking of Selena, how come neither of you told me she has a wonderful voice?" I ask.

"Right? She does! You should really sign her to your label Haz." My suggests.

"I offered but she didn't agree. She said she's confused."

"She might agree later on" mum says.

"How's your job coming along Gems?" I ask. 

"Oh, stressful tiring. Same old, Same Old." She sighs. 

Selena

Today was a long day. After almost a month we had finished the choreography for Ellie's album Delirium, we showed it to her today and she loved it. Thank God, I feel so relieved. Her tour is starting in a month so all the dancers who're going with her are starting practice from Monday. Since Ellie doesn't require many people only 8 people are going, which is a good thing since we're already short on people.

I get out of my thoughts once Claire stops in front of my apartment building.

"Thanks Claire" I say and hug her.

"No problem, see you on Monday Sel!" She says, with that I exit the car and wave at her.

As soon as I enter my apartment, I just drop my stuff and just fall on the couch. I check the clock and it's 8:00 pm. Thank God no work for two days. I can sleep in and chill. I'm so tired. I decide to get up and change into my pajamas.

Once I changed I go and heat some leftover Lasagna from yesterday. With my Lasagna and coke I take a seat in front of the couch. I open my laptop and quickly go through my emails and put it aside. I turn on the tv and start browsing through channels.