14: Family Bonding

A/N: NEW CHAPTER AS PROMISED. I THINK THIS IS MY LONGEST CHAPTER YET. HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS STORY SO FAR. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2.6K READS! MEANS THE WORLD TO ME! KEEP ON COMMENTING AND VOTING I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! NEXT CHAPTER TOMORROW OR THE DAY AFTER xxx

Harry

It's been a long day today. Thank God tomorrow is Saturday, I can relax. I check the time and it's 8:15 pm. I decide to change into comfortable clothes and make myself something to eat. I throw in a frozen pizza into the oven and head upstairs to change into some sweats and a shirt, or no shirt.

I finally decided not to wear a shirt since it's comfortable like that. Plus the house is really warm and cozy so I don't need to cover myself up. I head downstairs, turn on the telly and get my pizza out of the oven.

As I start to eat my mind drifts off to Selena. I haven't seen her since Gigi's birthday last week. I kinda miss her. I did call her two days ago to ask her if she needed help with anything, she told me she was fine and we ended up talking for an hour. Why do I always think about her? And miss her so much all the time? What is wrong with me? I never even felt this way about Stacy before.

As I finish dinner, I wash my plate and put it aside. Suddenly my phone vibrates indicating I got a text. I grab my phone, hoping Selena is the one who texted me.

Gems:

Haz, mum and dad are over here with me right now. So if you're not too tired wanna Skype?

I quickly respond "Sure let me get my laptop" and set my phone down.

I return with my laptop and set it on the table. I quickly open Skype to see Gemma online. Almost immediately I receive a call from Gemma. I answer, and Gemma's face comes into view.

"Harold!" Gemma exclaims.

"Hi Gemma"

"Mum! Dad! Come on, Harry is here" soon my parents come into view.

"Harry! It's been so long since I've seen you. I miss you baby. You're taking care of yourself right?" My mum asks.

"Yes mum I am."

"Harry, how are you son? How's work?" my dad questions.

"I'm good dad. Work is tiring from time to time but I enjoy it!" I reply with a smile. 

"What time is it there?" dad asks.

"Almost 9 pm." I answer.

"Did you have dinner Haz?" Mum asked

"Yes mum I did!" I answer. 

"So how's Selena?" My mum asks with a smirk.

"Mum, I don't know what Gemma told you, Selena and I are just friends. She's good. She likes London now"

"Your type of girl huh Haz?" Gemma says.

"Sweetheart, Selena's a great girl. She cares about others more then she cares about herself and not to mention she's extremely beautiful" My mum says.

I smile at the thought of Selena,"Your point mum?" I ask.

My dad speaks up,"Haz, we don't want to bring the past up, but what happened, happened. No one deserves that especially not you but you can't keep living like this. I know I know, you're an adult, almost 30 and your mother and I can't really force you or to do anything but we worry about you son. This lifestyle, it isn't healthy. One day you're going to wake up and feel so alone. I know what's it like to have my heartbroken, we all do. I had given up on love to Haz, when I was about your age but then I realized that I can't give up on love, just because of the fear of getting my heart broken again" he pauses and smiles at my mum and places his hand on top of hers," And I'm glad I didn't give up on love cause if I had, this beautiful woman would have not been my wife today. You and Gemma would have never existed. Haz, you really can't give up on love so easily" I sigh, knowing everything my father just said is right.