➳ Gray

I glanced at the apartment complex in which she lived; the lights were on. I remember how she didn't want to move into Fairy Hills, due to an unknown reason.

Deo must've welcomed her home, happily. He's down-to-earth, he's a great person.

He deserves her.

___

I found myself before her doorstep, my hand poised at the door.

What are you doing here, you dumbass? Go home, already.

I wanted to walk myself away, but something stopped me. The girl I fell for was just beyond this barrier.

She was there.

Maybe not alone, but-

The door opened, revealing Deo in his light jacket, his darker brown eyes brightened. "Gray?"

"Yo," I mumbled, slapping my palm against his. Deo's frame barely held any room in the doorway; I could see (Y/N) peeking out from behind.

"Gray?" Her voice was lowered, and she looked at me through her big eyes.

I weakly waved.

"Would you like to come in?" She asked, glancing at her boyfriend. Deo chuckled, and ruffled her hair. "I trust Gray, relax, (Y/N)."

I don't think you should, anymore...

"Okay..." She doubtfully watched him walk out into the night. Deo must've sensed her stare, for he turned around and gave (Y/N) a carefree wave.

I watched her eyes trail behind him. Waving my hand in front of her face, I smiled when her focus returned to me.

"Something wrong?" She asked, standing back and allowing me through the door. Her arms reached out and pressed against the wood, closing it with ease.

Dammit, I need an excuse.

I opened my mouth and blabbered, "how about a walk, instead?" The girl I liked burst out chuckling, her hair cascaded down her face, as she shook with laughter.

"You can't sit still or something?" (Y/N) asked, amused. "Jeez, you're just like a kid..." Her voice trailed off as she bent down to slip on her shoes.

My pride was just slightly insulted by this.

Whatever, at least she's coming.

"What, don't get all quiet on me, now." She gave me a slightly flustered look. I shot her a look, and (Y/N) quickly stepped outside, a strong breeze rustling her hair.

I followed suit, dragging my feet in the dirt, creating shapes with the heel of my shoe. "Where did you want to go?" She turned around, showing me a smile.

Without realizing, I had already taken off my shirt, bare chest exposed to the mid-spring night. "...the Guild?"

She cast me a surprised look, not even seeming to have noticed.

Doesn't look like she cares...it would have been fun to see a good reaction.

After walking a few steps, however, I watched as she tripped over her own foot, and toppled onto the ground. Something about her figure on the ground, staring at her foot as if she was betrayed made me burst into laughter.

(Y/N) looked at me, her eyes wide and her hair incredibly messy as it hung over her face. She had both hands planted on the ground, as another breeze picked up. Her cheeks were dusted with the color of light blossoms; pink.

In the dim brightness of the street lights, the brilliant and radiant girl's expression relaxed and lightened as she playfully grinned in delight, her cheeks flushed; beaming at me.

"Here," I offered her my hand after I could compose myself once more. She grasped my hand, and pulled herself off the hard ground.

Her warm hand lingered inside mine for a second before she let go and dusted herself off. "Are you coming?" She asked, searching my face after she had ran ahead.

"Coming, coming." I turned away from her, feeling a full blast of heat upon my face. I touched my cheek hesitantly, almost in awe of how warm it was.

Dammit, calm down...

When I had turned, I saw (Y/N) give me a soft smile, "how's Juvia?" I walked faster to catch up with her pace. "She's fine, why?"

"Last time I saw her, she was crying under a tree."

I cringed, and looked away at the pang of my heart.

"What happened?" She asked, her voice unusually quiet. If it was up to me, I would say that she sounded lonely.

"Nothing, nothing," I mumbled, "let's not talk about that right now."

(Y/N)'s facial expression changed instantly, and she smiled. "Alright."

"I heard from Deo that you were leaving again?" I asked, stealing a glance at her face as we walked near the guild.

"Oh, he's told you?"

"Deo and I are great friends," I forced a laugh, hoping it didn't sound fake. "Did you find something already?"

"No, no, nothing like that." (Y/N) pushed against the huge doors; giving entrance into the large hall. The room smelled strongly of buttered popcorn, which was what I suspected had been on the menu.

She made a beeline for the Request Board, searching with a furrowed eyebrow. "I'm not in the best condition to leave right now, actually." (Y/N) stopped for a moment, and looked back at me with a small smile.

"Were you hurt?"

My sudden attention must've been funny to her, for she laughed a little before turning back around. "It's nothing I can't handle."

I stood there, fidgeting like an awkward preteen. "I-"

"Oh! Found something!" (Y/N) sounded gleeful, almost as if she had found a chest full of priceless treasures.

She danced around the room, the battered request in her hand, literally jumping for joy. "It usually takes so long to find these," she said, satisfied.

"Oh!" (Y/N)'s bright eyes shot from the paper to me. "Would you like to go on this job with me?" She tilted her head, the moon's illuminating streaks shone through the window, covering this woman.

"Well?" She asked, again. "What do you think?"

I think I'm in love with you