//Chapter Twenty Three: This Chapter Doesn't Get A Cool Title Cuz I Said So//

Josh's POV:

The doctor came in sometime later that morning to give me the run down on my injuries. Basically, I'm a mess, and am gonna be here for a long time. They say at least a month. That's a month of no drumming, no touring, and just sitting. Our fans were disappointed about the tour, but overall, they understood why. Rylie hadn't left my side except to use the restroom, and when I make her eat food. I'd asked her about how these last few weeks had been after our breakup.

"Basically the worst weeks of my life. It's been so lonely, and boring. Josh.... I really missed you" she replied. I kissed her temple.

"I missed you too Ry. These last few weeks I've been depressed and not up for much. It's safe to say it's been hell. When we found out that you were in trouble I was so panicked! That's where Kevin came in..." I said. She sighed.

"Josh I'm so sorry that I broke up with you. I don't know what I was thinking" she said.

"I know that Tyler talked to you. Your heart was in the right place" I said. She frowned.

"How'd you know about that?" She asked.

"Tyler felt bad, and came clean. I think he still feels bad" I said. She nodded her head. We sat in silence for a long time.

"Hey Ry?" I asked. Her eyes met mine.

"I know it's not a romantic as the first time but willyoubemygirlfriend?" I mumbled. She smirked.

"What's that? I don't understand you when you mumble" she said.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked. Her face lit up and she shook her head yes. I pressed my lips to hers, and the world melted away. My pain was gone, the empty void had been filled. I was complete. When she pulled away I frowned.

"Hey don't give me that look, you know that hurt your lungs" she said.

"Nuh huh" I said. I soon as I said it, I broke out into a coughing fit.

"See, I told ya" she said. I sighed.

"This sucks, I can't even have a proper make out session with my girlfriend" I pouted. She laughed.

"Try to sleep Joshy" she said. She started to walk towards the door, but I grabbed her arm.

"Stay" I asked. She nodded, and I held my arms out. She cuddled close to me, and we both drifted off to sleep.

Rylie's POV:

I fell asleep in Josh's arms, and for the first time in a long time, I had a peaceful sleep. It's weird but it's like he's the only thing that can protect me from my dreams. It's hard to believe that just a short time ago, I was convinced he was dead, and that I had led him to his death bed. He has asked me to be his girlfriend again, and it was the best thing to happen to me in a long time. I still zone out thinking about my torture that occurred in that damn cabin. The rape, the beatings, and the threats all swarmed my mind, but I had to hide it from Josh. All of those people are dead, and can't hurt me anymore. Josh has enough to worry about without my problems, so why tell him?

I opened my eyes, and looked up at him. His hair was a lot longer than usual, and he had dyed it purple. I began to mess with his hair, thinking about how lucky I am to have him. I felt him stir, and stopped messing with his hair. He frowned, his eyes still closed.

"But I like it when you play with my hair" he pouted. I giggled as I started to mess with it again. He smiled, and opened his eyes. He grabbed my hand from his hair, and began to run circles on it. He hummed a song that I recognized to be Boulevard of broken dreams by Green Day. I smirked and began to hum with him. We both burst out in laughter, and smiled. He locked eyes with me, and kissed me.

"Damn, that's never gonna get old" he said. I smiled, and he kissed my cheek. There was a knock on the door, and Tyler and Jenna came in. Jenna smirked at me when she saw Josh and I cuddled up on the bed, and Tyler looked confused.

"So...... You guys are back together....?" He asked.

"Yup" Josh and I said at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed.

"Okay good cuz I still feel awful. While I have you both in the same room, I'm really sorry for suggesting that you break up. Can you ever forgive me?" he asked. I looked at Josh.

"Of course Ty" I said. He smiled widely, and hugged both Josh and I.

"Hey Ry, now we can go on double dates with Tyler and Josh" Jenna said. Tyler and Josh didn't skip a beat before holding hands and replying.

"Hey babe" Tyler said to Josh.

"Hey boo" Josh said.

"Fine then"Jenna and I linked arms and went to walk out the door.

"No no no no! Please stop, I was kidding" Tyler cried before picking Jenna up bridal style. We all laughed, and I took my spot in the bed next to Josh. My world is almost back together. Almost.