// Chapter three: Waging too many wars//

Josh POV:

I don't know why I had offered her my shoulder, but she accepted it and quickly fell asleep. She wasn't telling me the truth when she said she was just tired. Then again, I was a stranger to her... I wouldn't tell a stranger my problems either. Rylie kept twitching in her sleep, and was mumbling things that I couldn't quite make out. If I had to guess, I would say it was a nightmare.

" NO STOP! I DIDN'T DO IT.....PLEASE DON'T! PLEASE STOP.....HELP!!" she was screaming in her sleep. Everybody on the plane was starting to stare, so I decided to wake her.

" Ry-Rylie wake up, it's just a dream... it's just a dream." I said, shaking her softly. Her eyes fluttered open and she stared at me in horror.

" I-I-I'm so sorry" she whispered. She began to sob, and shakily got up, heading towards the restroom.

" What was that all about?" Tyler asked. I shrugged my shoulders. It was obvious that she was broken, and I was determined to find out why.

Rylie's POV:

Look what you did! Now everybody thinks you're crazy. Josh will never talk to you now!

" I know, I know. Please get out of my head."

I will never leave. You know I am right. Honestly it would be best if you just ended it now. Jump out of the plane, slit your wrists in here if you must. Nobody will ever love you.

"I SAID GET OUT!" It's offical, I've lost my mind. Normal people do not scream at themselves. I splashed some water on my face and tried to prepare myself to face the people on the plane. They would all judge me. I unlatched the door and silently took my seat, ignoring the stares and looks of horror.

Josh POV:

"I SAID GET OUT!" Rylie screamed. Tyler gave me a worried look.

" She has too many wars going on in her brain. You should really try to get her to talk to you." he said.

" I don't want to push her... whatever is happening in her head is obviously tearing her apart."

"It might help her if..." he trailed off. Rylie had returned from the restroom with red eyes, and blotchy cheeks. She sat down and stared at her shoes.

Rylie's POV:

" Everybody heard that huh? I understand if you think I'm crazy" I said softly.

" You're not crazy. I know that we just met but if you need to talk about anything, I'm here."he said. I was a bit surprised that he was putting on a show to pretend to care.

" It's not really a happy story.. I don't like to talk about it. Thank you for waking me."

"No problem. So, why are you headed to Columbus?" he asked trying to break the tension.

" Business trip." I lied. I didn't want to lie to him, but he was a stranger who was only pretending to care.

" Oh that's cool! Tyler and I just wrapped up our first tour." he replied.

" Oh so are you in a band or...?"

" Yea, we're called Twenty One Pilots... we aren't very big yet, but we landed a couple of gigs around the country." he smiled. I could believe that he was in a band, he did have tattoos and crazy blue hair, but the other guy... no way he was the band type.

" You know you just said all of that out loud" the brown-haired boy said.

" Oh I'm sorry" I blushed.

"Tyler Joseph" he said offering his hand. I took it and told him my name.

" You know, you don't have to look like a biker to be in a band. I write everything, sing, play the ukulele, and play the piano. Josh here just beats up his drums" he said. I blushed and tried to hide my smile.

" Hey! I'm pretty important there bud. You would be lost without me, and you know it." Josh said.

" Don't bet on it dog breath" Tyler replied.

After a long time of talking about their band, and a fight about Taco Bell, the plane landed. I didn't want to get up. I would loose the only two friends that I had ever had. Josh and Tyler had given me their numbers in case I needed anything... maybe they really do care.

They're just trying to get you to not explode again. They will forget about you, and you'll be alone again. NOBODY will ever love you, you stupid girl. NOBODY!