// Chapter 5: Hear Me Now//

Tyler's POV:

Left, twist, right. Left, twist, right.

       Josh has been pacing around the room for the last twenty minutes. The security guards had drug us through the crowd, and taken us to a hotel. Josh had practically been screaming at them to find Rylie the entire way over here. I must admit, if I didn't already have a beautiful girlfriend, I might actually have a crush on Rylie. She was gorgeous and had a mind like my own. I know what she's going through, and it may sound bad, but it's comforting to know I'm not the only one with twisty thoughts. On the plane Josh had told me that he liked her, and wanted to invite her to our next show after our break. I saw how important it was to him, and agreed. But now here we are. The tension and silence in the room is deafening. I hear a faint buzzing in my ears and quickly shake my head. I could handle a lot, but the buzzing drives me crazy. I feel my hands start to twitch, and quickly clench my hands into a fist, hoping that Josh didn't notice. He noticed, and stopped pacing, but quickly shrugged it off and continued his laps. I have never seen him this nervous, even at our first show he was calmer than this. I know I should say something to try to calm him down, but I've lost my voice in the silence. Finally, he sighs and sits down on the floor next to me.

" I should have held onto her tighter, then she would still be with us and we wouldn't be looking for her." he says. It's typical of Josh to put the blame on himself, but this was not his fault and I couldn't let him beat himself up over it.

" Josh it's not your fault. We had no idea that we had gotten that big, or that we were going to be swarmed. They're gonna find her, so calm down and think happy thoughts" 

"Yea, because you are all about being happy, right?". Ouch. It's true I'm not the happiest of people, and I know he's saying that because he's upset, but still... ouch. 

"I'm sorry man, I shouldn't have said that." he said frowning.

" It's okay, you're just upset. I know you didn't mean it". Silence draped over us once again. We both looked down at our hands and avoided the other's gaze. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him open his mouth to speak, but he was interrupted by my phone going off. I pulled in out of my black skinny jeans, and read the caller I.D. "unknown number" . I looked up at Josh, who had a horrified and anxious look on his face, and hit the green button.

"H-hello?" I said shakily. 

"Is this Tyler Joseph?" a deep voice spoke. I reconized the voice, but couldn't put a face with it.

"Yes sir, it is, may I ask who's calling?"

" This is Dr. Stevens, from Grant Hospital. Two security guards brought your friend Rylie into the hospital, and said to call you." he said. Then it hit me, he was the doctor that fixed me up after my first mental breakdown. The memories of that horrible night began to cloud my vision. The dark thoughts. The knife. The blood. 

"Hello? Mr. Joseph, are you still there?"

"Yea, we'll be right over." I replied. I hit the red button to end the call, and looked at Josh. Having only heard my side of the phone call, he had turned ghost white.

"So..?" He started.

"They found her and she's at Grant Hospital. That's all I know."

" Okay then, let's go!" he said.

I grabbed my wallet off of the counter, along with my hoodie, and headed out the door of our hotel room. We called a cab, and headed over to the hospital.

Rylie's POV:

Beep. Beep. Beep.

     I opened my eyes, trying to located where the beeping was coming from. I was quickly met with blinding light that was intensified by the white walls. I quickly closed my eyes, the light had made my head throb. I could feel my brain throbbing against my skull, intensifying my now migraine. I slowly opened my eyes again, blinking fast to quickly adjust to the light. When I was adjusted to the light, I took in my surroundings: there was a green chair by my bed,and  a small pull-out bed in the corner of the room. I was in a green hospital gown that had little blue diamonds on it, and had an I.V. in my right arm. I quickly found the source of the beeping, a heart rate monitor, and relaxed. My heart was still pumping. I was alive. I had survived yet another cruel beating. For once, the voice in my head wasn't screaming at me. I heard the door open, and froze. I tried to sit up, but felt a sharp pain in my side that caused me to cry out in pain, and collapsed back into the bed.