//Chapter Ten: March to the Sea//

- Two weeks later-

RYLIE'S POV:

     It's been a couple of weeks since I ran away from home, and my mom. She hasn't tried to look for me once, and I would doubt if she cared. Living at Josh's place has been great. After a week of making him follow the doctor's orders, he was finally cleared. I was still sore, but my bruises and cuts were healing. Everything has been amazing; each night Josh and I either make or order food, and watch a movie. We take turns picking movies, but his taste in movies is much better. I feel like my life is finally starting to fall into place, well except for my nightmares. Almost every night I wake up in a cold sweat and cry. I try to be quiet so I don't wake up Josh, but sometimes he still hears me. In a sick kind of way, my mother still has a major hold on my mind.

      Josh and Tyler announced the tour to their fans last week, and have started to prepare for it a lot. Everyday Josh comes home and is exhausted, but still keeps up our nightly tradition. Things between Josh and I are kind of confusing. We treat each other like siblings, but sometimes act like a couple. I've grown to actually have a crush on Josh... His adorable sleepy smile, his messy hair, and his laugh have grown to be my favorite things.

Stop hoping. He'll never feel the same. He only feels bad for you, you'll see

There goes my brain. Although I hate it, I know it's right. I'm not lovable, and don't deserve somebody as amazing as Josh. A key turning the lock, and the front door opening snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Ryyyyy I'm hoooomeeeee" Josh says in a sing-song voice. 

"JOSHYYY" I yell, running at him and tackling him in a hug.

"Aww did somebody miss me?" He asks with a smirk. I punch his arm and start heading for the kitchen. I feel two harms wrap around me, and Josh throws me over his shoulder.

"Joshyy put me down" I yell as I punch his back. He spins us around, and throws me on the couch.

"There ya go Princess" he says. He knows I hate being called princess. I fake pout and bite my lip.

"No, Don't give me that look!! No fair Ry" he says.

"Pwwweeeaaase don't call me princess" I say, still fake pouting.

"Ugh okay" Josh says.

"Joshy?"

"Yea Ry?"

"I want food"

"What kinda food?"

"How about Chinese food?"

"Okay, I'll order for us"

An hour later we have our food, and are sitting in the couch, about to watch another movie from the Star Wars Trilogy. Before my dad left we used to watch these movies... They were one of the only things that I remember from him. We would pop popcorn and make a pillow fort while watching Star Wars. I still can't believe he left. Why did he leave? I know I'm a major loser, but I always tried to be good for my parents. I was never good enough for them. Did he not love me? Did I do something wrong? Does he hate me? I felt my eyes burn with tears and a lump develop in my throat. My mind always makes me think too much. Are the walls getting closer to me?

I feel trapped.

I can't breathe.

JOSH'S POV:

We had finished our dinner, and were only a few minutes into the movie when I saw Rylie's eyes fill with tears. Her mom seriously fucked up her brain. Almost every night I can hear her trying to quietly crying, and a couple of times she's screamed in her sleep.  She says she's okay but I know she's hurting. She started breathing heavily, and started shaking. I need to calm her down.

"Ry what's wrong?" I ask. She says nothing and starts violently sobbing.  I pull her into a hug, and start rubbing circles on her back. After what feels like forever, she finally starts to calm down.

"Ry please tell me what's wrong. I know you're not okay. Please talk to me about it" I say. She shakes her head and buries her head in her hands.

RYLIE'S POV:

He pulled my head up and wiped away my tears. He gave me a weak smile before speaking again.

"Ry I'm here for you, okay? You don't have to tell me right now, but please, tell me what's going on in your pretty head right now. Me, Tyler, and Jenna all love you, and just want you to be okay" he said softly. I gave him a small smile.

"I'm okay Joshy, I was just thinking about my dad. Can we talk about this later? I'm tired." I ask. He shakes his head and smiles. We turn back to the movie in silence. I felt myself growing tired, and rested my head on Josh's chest. I felt his breathing even out, and looked up to see a sleeping Josh. I gave him a kiss on the cheek, and drifted off to sleep.

JOSH'S POV:

After Ry calmed down, we went back to watching the movie. Before long I felt her snuggle close to my chest. I smiled to myself, and rested my eyes. I was about to fall asleep, when I felt her plant a kiss on my cheek. I blushed a deep red, but she thankfully didn't notice.

Holy shit, does Rylie like me back?

I had a million thoughts in my head, and picked Ry up bridal style, and took her to her room. I laid her on her bed, and covered her with the sheets. I spun on my heel to leave, but a hand grabbed my arm.

"Joshy, can you please stay here with me?" She asked.

"Of course Ry" I said. I laid on top of her sheets, and felt her snuggle close to me again. That's when it hit me, I love this girl. I love Rylie.

----------------------------------------------
Short and sweet I guess. Sorry this story sucks but I'm glad somebody is reading this..... Thanks guys ❤️
-xx Thejudgesetyoufree