Chapter Four

While I expected the kiss to be more forceful, more hungry, full of need, it was gentle, and loving. 

     I liked it, even. His lips were soft, and molded perfectly with mine. His arms wrapped around my body, pulling me closer, and energy flowed throughout my entire body. I felt like I was on fire, almost. Waves of energy and passion rolling through my body, it made my knees feel weak.

     As if sensing that my knees were about to buckle, Teddy pulled me closer, holding up my weight. 

     Realizing that I was now kissing an Alpha, I pushed away gently, staring into his eyes before licking my bottom lip and smiling. 

     "I'd like that tour now, Alpha." 

     He nodded, smirking, as he took my hand and began to walk out the door. Sparks were flying up my arm and into my chest from his touch, but I tried to act completely normal. 

    I could already feel my resolve caving in on itself, and it killed me inside to know that. I wasn't weak, yet that's exactly what he made me; weak. 

     He took me down a set of stairs, that opened up into a comfortable and large, light greyish-blue living room. To the left was the kitchen, a large modern kitchen with four ovens and a huge fridge.

    The living room was spacious, couches with dark, wooden frames forming an L-shape with white, patterned cushions. The couches faced a TV, which had a fireplace on either side, casting a soft glow. The floor was hardwood, with a pale grey shag rug underneath the coffee table between the couches and the TV.

     Behind the couches was an open space, with a dining room table and several reclining chairs. I could only assume that there was a bigger dining room table that could fit more of the pack, and that there was another place entirely that they would hold important banquets with other packs.

     There was a herd of male teenage wolves, crowding around the TV, playing some game that involved shooting people. Only four people were actually playing, but they all yelled and laughed, encouraging their friends to win.

    Hearing us come down the stairs, several looked at who was coming down, and a wave of, "hey, Alpha," rolled through the group. The four playing didn't look away, though. 

     Teddy nodded at them, leading me toward the pale grey kitchen with clean, white marble counter tops.

      I had liked cooking, it was one of the jobs that Peter had given me. Every morning I had to make sandwiches for all the kids that went to school, make breakfast, and when I got home from school I had to make dinner.

     It was lonely back with Peter. He isolated me, made me feel alone, and then would come in himself, trying to console me, to bond with me.

     I had heard somewhere that it only took 72 hours to make someone submissive. To give cruel punishments, the show kindness, in a matter of hours they become practically a slave, you depend on that person for survival.

     I suppose that even as a ten year old, I had understood that Peter was no good for me, and had done my best to avoid him. For four years, I was forced to live with his cruel behavior, yet not once did I cave in and become the girl he wanted me to be.

     There were white cupboards, a large sink and a big, white dish washer. The entire kitchen looked nice and polished, with a big, open window in front of the sink.

      "What do you want to eat? I have excellent cooking skills." Teddy wiggled his eyebrows at me, opening the fridge and pulling out a carton of eggs. "We got these from our own chickens, my mom always wanted a farm, so when she mated my dad he got her a chicken coop, some horses and a bunch of cows. Her favorite are the chickens."