Chapter Three

I opened my eyes to see a finished wood, log ceiling.

     Sitting up in the bed quickly, I first noticed that I was in an over-sized, plain white undershirt that smelled strongly of honey and pine. As I stared at the room I was in, I was shocked.

     The walls were a palish- grey, with black paneling at the bottom about three feet from the floor. The bed was just a mattress on the floor, covered in navy blue blankets and sheets. All of the pillows were extremely soft and fluffy, and the entire bed was welcoming. 

     I liked this room, the headboard of the bed was made out of leather and had a string diagonally going across, with photo's of him with a girl with two dark buns on top of her head. She was smiling crazily, and Teodoro had the front of his hair pulled back away from his face, showing all the beauty that this man was, this man that was mine. 

     The other picture was black and white, of a woman with pale hair pulled back elegantly, holding a black man tightly, they were both smiling at each other, completely in love. I had only ever hoped for someone to look at me the way they stared at each other, but I knew now that my dream was just that, a dream. I couldn't have that with my mate, because of who he was. An Alpha was loyal to his pack no matter what, I had yet to meet one that I didn't despise.

      There was a nightstand on one side of the bed, with a blue lamp. It was a rustic looking nightstand, and the lamp was kind-of old looking, but it looked almost out of place inside this neutral colored, humble room.

      There was a plush, dark brown couch covered in white blankets to the left of the bed, near the door to the balcony, I assumed. Sheer, white curtains covered the glass doors, the sunlight streaming in.

      I groaned and looked above me, toward the ceiling, only to be surprised to see a piece of pretty, galaxy-printed fabric hanging from the ceiling. It was easy to get lost in the beautiful stars, how they all seemed to fit into the pattern so flawlessly.

      But I was looking at the pretty aspect of it, not how I could get out.

     Across from the bed was a fireplace, and on either side of the fireplace was a heavy, dark wooden door. One of them led to a bathroom, the one on the right side. I could tell from the shower running in the background, but the other door smelled different.

     I could hear commotion on the other side of the door, and I knew what it was with joy.

   It was the door out.

     Urging my body forward, I set my feet on the shag rug at the foot of the bed. It felt rough against my feet, yet nice at the same time.

     Slowly, I put more weight on my exhausted legs, telling myself to move forward so I could leave. This wasn't my fate, I was not meant to be another boring, pack wolf Luna. I wanted to be free.

     It was strange how I had done a complete 180 turn from how I felt just--what, yesterday? Not too long ago I had wanted to fit in and be loved, yet now, I wanted to be free. I wanted to control my own destiny. And being an Alpha's mate was not free.

     They were over-protective and possessive, they claim things and refuse to play nice with others. I refused to be another manipulated wolf.

    I suppose I had been hoping for a rogue mate, one that would agree to leave the woods that taunted me, and start over somewhere new.

     But the Mood Goddess had other plans, it seemed.

"Hey, where do you think your going? Your not fully healed yet," footsteps approached me, strong hands grabbing my upper arms and leading me back toward the bed.