4. The Pleasant Nightmare

Not edited.

-----------

"Hey!"

Silence.

"Please, hear me out."

"My eye, it's burning." The man on the bed said in an extremely sweet voice as he rubbed his right eye.

She glanced once, then twice. That stupid mole of his at the end of his brow was somehow her weakness. His morning voice and that messy hair could only ruin her anger. And so paying no heed to him for the time being, she masked her face with a frown.

"Sorry, I've got much better things to do."

"Aaooo ouch!"

Not taking any of his fake cries, she continued blow drying her hair, blabbering about how they were supposed to be on their weekend getaway together, but instead they were still in their room.

How dare he cancel all that she had been planning for the month without providing her the proper reason?

"Because of security reasons", was all that he said...was that even an excuse?

She had the very right to be upset about it.

"Just please take a look for once."

"I don't need to. I already know there is nothing as you say."

"Please, it's pricking me." He sounded serious.

And that was her undoing. She walked in her bathrobe with her damp hair bunched on one side, and bent down to have a look at his light brown eyes, just as he wanted or desired. And within a moment, she was fastened on top of him, on the bed. There was no room to wiggle even. His hold was firm.

"You! I knew you were lying!"

She managed to throw her small fisted punches at his chest. Only in a flicker, she was pinned under his body, her wrists clutched tight under his control.

She could clearly read what his eyes spoke.

"I've just showered." Staring deep into his eyes, she murmured.

"And, I haven't yet."

"It's morning, not now." Now ignoring his gaping eyes, she freed her hands.

"Really...? Are you sure?" His husky voice.

"Just say it, Naaz." That mole of his.

"Say the word..." And the movements his lips made working down her chin.

She could only grab his hair in her fist and bring his face up. That was it. She locked his lips with hers. All her facade of being angry at him went down the drain.

The moment between them began heating up, and intensified more with their actions of love making. The talks of pleasing and pleasure, seemed painfully pleasant, only when one's at the mercy of the other's, that too, very intimately and in bed.

"I love you, Naaz." She could sense his climax inside her.

She loved him too, with that she shuddered reaching her own peak. She was more than pleased. Satiated.

And she loved being with him.

Gasping, Nazia struggled to catch some air. It was sometime beyond midnight, covered in her sweat she panted heavily. Her head thumped with a new episode of migraine. The pills did help her a little but the dream she just had wouldn't leave her thoughts sane. Even with the eyes open wide she could feel everything flashing before her.

She was beyond horrified!

Never for once she has ever had a wet dream before. She was embarrassed and ashamed of having dreamt about a stranger in such a manner. The man whom she had met only for once, for minutes, with no conversation even. How could she allow her brain to manipulate her dreams? Or was it because of all the medications?

The more she thought of it, the more it disgusted her. She was truly hurt. And this time, there was no one but her she could put the blame on.

-------

"No, I'm not going anywhere. Atleast not with you."

"Shut the eff up, and get up!" Nicky demanded.

"I'm upset." Reminding her of the last meeting they had together, Nazia declared.

"You stay upset as much as you want, but for now, Get. Ready!"

Nicky being herself could get things done by just a snap of her fingers. She had a knack for commanding others to do as she willed. She was all beautiful and kind as a woman, but with stubbornness dripping from all sides.

And today, she was simply going to be the bestest friend she could ever be to both Nazia and Yousuf. Today she had something else stored up her sleeve.

For Yousuf to reminisce about the time and moments he had once shared with his beloved wife.

And for Nazia to help her recollect at least something from her missing memories that she was desperately yearning to know about.

After she had witnessed Nazia going desperate for trying to understand her past and ending up being hurt and agonised instead, she felt guilty about the lie she spoke to her. She kind of understood how strenuous and knotty her friends' life might have been and with an overprotective mother like hers it wasn't easy to just speak direct on such sensitive matters.

Nicky had also seen it all from how peaceful and content Yousuf's life was around his wife, to how disrupted it had gone after she left. He though, appeared all strong from his physique but from inside. She knew it wasn't easy for him too to spend his days alone as he was very much disturbed and restless all the time.

The first time she had met Yousuf was as Nazia's husband, but after the latter was gone, she only sympathized with him. But with a few meetings here and there with her husband, she found a brotherly connection with him. Their selfless love and mutual care for Nazia turned them together in a brotherhood, as she always reprimanded him not to refer her as his sister but a brother. That she was his buddy.

So for the sake of her friend and buddy, here she was back again at her friend's home, to convince her and her mother to let her take Nazia to the party that she and her husband were invited to.

"Why are you ditching your husband?"

Nazia was quick to react as she heard Nicky asking her to accompany to some party.

"Because parties like these don't fancy me. I'll be bored there."

Nicky knew very well how Nazia would respond to her and was all prepared beforehand to attack each of Nazia's questions with her comebacks.

"Don't you have an option of staying back at home?"

"See, you don't understand me too! I'll be bored and alone at home!"

"And Naaz when was the last time you actually did something for me? Huh?"

That was Nicky's final take. Bringing an emotional element into an argument was the trick that always helped her.

For the past year they've been apart residing in different cities and hence as Nazia had no comeback to save herself from what lay ahead, she simply had no choice but to agree to whatever Nicky demanded.

--------

Hello!

All your votes and comments are appreciated.

Amreen.