Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I opened my eyes and saw the familiar cream colored ceiling of my unit in NYC. I sat up and scout my surroundings. And surely, I am back home.

Nothing is amiss. Every furniture, every wall or even every corners of the floors. I stared in awe at the scratch less front door of my apartment. It's like there's no demon that rampaged here several days ago.

How did I get here?

Was it a dream? Impossible.

I'm still in the same dress and socks from last night which I blacked out. I BLACKED OUT!! What about the plan? I thought their gonna protect me against those things. Why did they left me here unexplained?!

The doorbell chimed loudly startling me from my mind. I looked at the peephole and saw Rico's huge grin. I opened the door and led him in.

He normally walked in like any other day. Rico went straight to the kitchen and prepared the food that he brought. I followed him and sat on the high stools of the breakfast bar. I observed his moves, wondering if what happened within the time I've disappeared.

"Uh... Good morning..?" He greeted in a weirded out tone.

"Good morning."

He stared at me weirdly. "What's with you?"

"Huh? Nothing. I'm fine. How about you?"

He sighed once before shaking his head.

"OK," he started. He sat on the high stool across mine and handed me my plate of food. "If you think I'm mad because you suddenly took a vacation for like half a month without telling me... Then no. I'm not mad at all."

I did what?

"Ri...ght."

"Are you going out today?" He asked as we ate our breakfast.

"Kinda. I'll be loitering in the park after you go."

"Remember to lock your door, the burglar last time hasn't been caught yet, good thing your not here that time."

So everything that day has been covered up, huh. I went for a vacation and a burglar forced in which hasn't been caught yet. Then what about Riel and the others? And that voice.

"I'm leaving, see you tonight." Rico smiled as I walk him to the door.

"Yeah, take care."

I stared at his features keenly for the first time. His brown hair and dark brown eyes, only did it came to me how familiar his eyes are. His eyebrows creased in confusion.

"Is there a problem?" He asked worriedly.

"No," I brushed aside. "Rico, do you have any siblings?" I voiced my curiosity.

He looked caught off guard. A mocking humor glinted in his eyes as he stared at me with a foreign expression. He smirked for a second then it disappeared quickly, his usual gentle eyes and innocent smile appeared as he nodded.

"Yes, I have a younger brother." He smirked, like remembering a good memory.

"Have I met him before?"

"Of course, you did," he gently patted my head. "But that's a story for another time, see you later."

"See you."

Rico looks... different, when I ask him about people in the past. He's gentle and kind most of the time, but he somehow he looks like another person when I ask about certain people. I wonder if something bad happened, if something about me happened.