Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"So how's your injury?" Riel asked attentively.

I smiled at him and said its good. It's already been ten days since I got here, my injury like I said, is healing pretty well. The three of them are extremely accommodating and funny. Aside Riel and Hael's usual banters, everything's peaceful and quiet.

"Shut up, Riel! Don't you know that your suppose to be quiet in a library?" Hael complained, not looking away from the book his reading.

We we're currently in the library, reading books as we drink our teas. Chael flew outside murmuring that Riel's incessant questions will loose his mind.

"Did you like the library?" Riel asked, ignoring Hael's complaint earlier.

"Yes, I did." I politely answered.

In the three of them, Riel is the most caring and sweet, while Hael is more on the playful side. Chael is serious all the time and he seems to be away most of the day running few works, at least that's what Hael says when I ask him.

"Are you hungry?" He asked for a nth time today.

"Nope. Can I... please walk alone for awhile?" I nicely asked as I stood up.

He pursed his lips and looked at me coyly. "Alright, but don't get lost in the corridors."

I smiled and nodded.

This place is beautiful. It's rich in history, and my curiosity is getting the best of me. I looked around for people before turning to the hallway that Chael told me that there's nothing to see. The lush red carpet stopped at the beginning of this corridor which made me curious at the first place. I held the flower crown that I've made closer. It's amazing how flowers don't wilt here even if you don't put them on water.

The paintings in the stone walls here are too different than in the other corridors, on second thought, all of the corridors are different from each other. I can remember remnants of this place... A total nostalgia. It's like I've known this hall since I was small. Secret whispers have echoed through this way.

I reached the far end and saw a lone wooden door filled with intricate curves of seem to be stars, sun and the moon. I gently pushed it. It groaned as it gives way, like it's not used for a while.

It led to another set of hall. The carpet was dark blue like the sky in the night. The windows hushly lit, the heavy drapes restricting too much sunlight inside. I walked in and the door groaned close behind me, echoing through the dim hall. I walked forward as I scanned the way.

"Did you see?"

"Have you seen?"

"Will you see?"

I hear someone whispering, someone I know too well, but can not remember.

"Hana."

"Hana."

"It's here. Hana."

I looked at the walls and saw paintings of the moon in different forms and beauty. It glimmered and shone in the dark sky. It was breathtaking. Almost real. I walked slowly and looked at each of it, until I reached the end.

A circular room with three doors. The wall has a torn painting of a man. The piece was too torn apart, and hardly recognizable.

"Don't be scared, I'll just be in the next room, Hana."

Who is it?

I walked towards the door in the left. It leads to a study full of books, smaller than the library that Riel showed me. It felt like I've been here, but I pictured it cozy and warm, but it's nothing but cold and dark.

"This is where, you'll find me."

I abruptly turned around to see no one. I felt the hair on my nape stood up in chill and awful nostalgia. I... I know this hall. But who is he? Am I turning mad? Have I lost my mind?! The whispering feels real, but I know too well it isn't. It's not. I'm all alone.

"Who are you? And what's this place?" I whispered more to myself.

I pulled out a book from a dirty shelf and looked at its cover. It's black with golden letters curved in an elegant manner. The Lost Wings.

"Take it. Take it with you."

I embraced it close and left the room to look at the least two. I probably shouldn't take it with me but there's something in the back of my mind saying that I should follow the whispers.

I went in the room to the left and saw a giant telescope. An observatory. In the far corner is a dusty, black grand piano. I sat down and opened up its cover and gently pressed the certain keys. I remember this piano, he used to play here for me.

"Do you like the melody?"

"Yes."

"I'm glad. I made it, specially for you, my Hana."

I stood up and went to the last room in the middle. The whispering grew louder a notch. It sound more clear now. An endless conversation between me and a man I can not remember.

"My Hana, do you love me?"

"Yes." I answered unconsciously.

He smiled and walked through the door in the middle of the room. I can't see his face. I can't see who he is. All can remember is the feeling. Cold.

I approached the door in the middle and opened it up. It led to a room. The ceiling was completely dark with hints of stars and dark clouds and moon gloriously shining in the dark. It was gently moving, as if it's real. A moving illustration of a perfect and peaceful night sky.

I wistfully walked inside. The things are untouched and kept clean, as if someone's still using the room, unlike the two first ones that I checked that's full of dust and abandoned things. This one was well kept and seemed to be tended almost everyday.

The Queen size bed has white linens with three, huge fluffy pillows. I placed the flower crown and book on the white dresser left untouched beside a wooden wardrobe, and a clear glass door leading to a balcony covered by white thin curtains.

I know this room

I'm sure. I know.

It was mine.