thirty four • people have a lot of shit to say, but they're all just hypocrites

Start from the beginning

"Nah, I'm good." Party pulled out his gun, following Jet's movements to look around and make sure nothing was close. Even he was starting to get the anxious feeling he was right, but the two stayed quiet. 

They both heard it, but Jet reacted first to the sound of a new pair of footsteps approaching. She wore white entirely, along with her companions that approached at either of her sides. While Party simply raised an eyebrow and looked between them and Jet, the elder Killjoy raised his gun and aimed. 

"What're you waiting for?" he asked (more like growled) as he sent a side-eye towards Party.

"I...uh...whoa. Did you get cloned?"

"No, why the hell would you ask that?"

"She looks just like you."

Jet adjusted his grip on the gun, when the three stopped he paused and had yet to fire a shot yet. "Move and I'll shoot," he warned, gesturing for Party to get in the car. 

"Um...the man with the red hair is right, Amber," the taller mentioned, getting closer to her. 

"Shut up for a second."

"Look-" the small man said, taking a step forward but landing on the ground before his weight could fully land on his right foot. Jet was honestly surprised he had that in him, but also felt bad more than anything else.

"I wasn't kidding," Jet growled, adjusting his position with the gun. "You can back down and let us leave, or I will shoot."

It was Party who came to divert Jet Star's attention. "Come on, we should go," he hissed, nudging the elder of the two. "Jet...let's go."

Lowering the gun and sticking it back into his holster, there was a feeling of remorse that crossed over him as he looked down and shook his head. "Get in the car, let's hurry."

"You talkin' to us?"

"No- just...take your friend and go."

Jet went to the driver's side, but paused when he noticed the fact that the girl and the man were still rooted in place. It made every red flag go off in his mind, but he couldn't bring himself to do anything about it. Instead, he climbed in the car and wiped the guilt from his eyes, waiting for Party to shut the door before starting up the car and driving away. 

-

"Is he actually going to come?" Party's tone grew tense as he continued to look around the bar, hoping for some sliver of a glance towards his brother that would magically make everything okay again. At least, he hoped somehow.

Jet Star just nodded. "He'll be here, he's just late, as usual."

"I'm not late." The sudden voice of his brother made Party nearly jump in his own skin. "You fuckers are just early."

"Mi...Kobra?"

"Who else?" The blonde sat himself at the table with the two other Killjoys, pushing his hair out of his face and adjusting the position of the sunglasses that hung from his shirt. "It's good to see you too, Party."

The sense of coldness completely killed the small sense of hope that the redhead once had. "Yeah, I guess it is, huh?" He shook his head, straightening out. "Alright, so, assuming we're all going to stay together, that makes three of us."

"What about Ghoul?" Kobra questioned it, glancing up and slowly starting to reach for Jet's beer before getting his hand smacked away and a warning glare.

"He's not comin' back anytime soon. Decided to go off and fight in a war."

"Oh." Kobra shrugged it off, sighing as he observed the surroundings. "Why'd we have to meet here of all places?" 

"Is something wrong?" Jet asked, following Kobra's gaze until the blonde put on his sunglasses. 

"We'll see," he said. Though, that choice of words did nothing but worry Party Poison as to what his brother had gotten himself into now, and more importantly if there was anything or anyone potentially dangerous plotting his death. 

It was like his wish was granted, however, in the form of an answer, because a Killjoy the redhead had never seen before was approaching the table with a very determined expression writ across his face.

"Snake! You really think you can show your face 'round here when  you've cheated at least half of us?!"

"Pardon?" Kobra looked directly at the strange man, who was probably at least his height, if not taller. He had black hair and a slight amount of scruff that was actually sort of attractive. He wore eyeliner well with his piercing blue eyes. "I don't recall us having met."

"Don't play dumb with me, but then again, you're probably either drunk or high, maybe both." 

"Hmm...perhaps I do recall you. Glass, erm, Gypsy, was it? God, could you be any more gay?" 

Though that alone was a surprising sting to everyone present aside from the blonde, Gypsy looked right at him with a twinkle of murder in his eye. "Give me a reason not to kill you now."

That was all it took for Kobra to have his gun out and aimed within the blink of an eye. "I suggest you do," he said, getting up and pressing the gun to his chest. "Kneel."

Gypsy raised an eyebrow.

"Did you not hear me the first time? I told you to kneel." Kobra lowered his gun with Gypsy as he did as he was told to do. "Good. Now, why are you so convinced I'm a liar?"

He didn't speak, and the gun was raised to his head. 

"Unless you want me to make your skull into a metaphorical canoe, I suggest you speak."

"You are. You're a cheat and a liar, no-one's that lucky playing poker of all things."

Kobra checked his gun, before crouching and pressing the weapon against his forehead further. "Do you know why they call me the Kobra Kid?"

"Why?"

"Kobra." Party had stood up, his voice making a warning tone. "That's enough."

"You've gone soft."

"No, you've lost your mind. Now sit your ass back down and let the nice man leave."

Gypsy looked between the two, scrambling to his feet and leaving as soon as possible. Kobra, however, put his gun in the holster on his leg and turned to look at his brother. "Do you have a problem?"

"Do you?" It was Jet who had answered, but had shaken his head and stood up. "C'mere, a second." 

The blonde reluctantly did so, but when Jet snatched the gun from the holster on the blonde's leg and smacked him in the head with it, there wasn't much room for argument. 

"What did you do that for?!"

"He was drunk, there's no other way you can really get him to sober up without starting with that," Jet said, returning the gun and picking up the limp blonde. "C'mon, back to the car. We can head over to Zone Six and go catch up with Doctor D...or, at least, you can."

Party shook his head, sighing as he followed Jet outside the club and into the Trans Am, the boringly plain one. "Is there any paint back at the diner?"

"Yeah, probably, why?"

"I'm givin' this baby a makeover."

- - - - - -

so that was short and all over the place and eh but much needed gg

<3 you guys, votes and comments are appreciated xx