"Stop it. Stop thinking about it. We're going." She stood up and grabbed my hand," C'mon now, you'd said you'd help me with my hair." She pulled me towards my bathroom.

Oh right, I had.

"Are you sure about this? It's a huge drastic change? You're not worried about going bald?" I leaned against the door frame watching Lacey put her hair up in ponytail.

Her hair swung from left to right when she was done like the pendulum on a grandfather clock,"Not one bit," She turned to look at me with blue lively eyes,"Don't be afraid of change." She winked and raised the scissors to her ponytail snipping it off.

I didn't get it. How could she just do that. Talk with such confidence. Jump off the plain with out fear. She knew her parachute would open.

I had been like that at one point. And I missed it. I craved to be like that once more.

"Alright, easy part is over, help me bleach the fuck out of this." She said as she pulled off her top, revealing a curvaceous figure from behind, no bra.

"Do you have an old shirt I can wear?" She asked turning around.

I looked away with burning cheeks,"Ugh, yeah I'll be right back." I hurried off to get what she'd asked for and then came back with an old shitty shirt from when I was fifteen. I hadn't worn it in ages. It was a purple shirt shirt that read Barbados. A souvenir my dad had brought me from his honeymoon at the time.

"Are you sure? It's going to get ruined." She said before slipping it on.

"Yeah." I replied and began to work on her hair.

~~

"Hurry, your hair's going to fall off!" I shoved her into my bathroom. After I had applied the bleach, we listened to music while we waited for it to set, but we'd fallen asleep and woken up ten minutes later than we were supposed to wait.

Lacey ran to the bathroom pulling the plastic wrap off her hair and shoving her head in the sink,"Help me wash this shit off!" She yelled.

"What happened to being afraid of change?" I teased as I hurried over to help her.

"Fuck off Lilith, I can't go to prom bald." She replied.

After washed off the bleach I helped her towel dry it, and gave her a new shirt to change into.

She slipped it own and turned around, setting the towel to dry on the rack.

"So, how do I look?"

I looked at the angel faced girl with plump lips and short silver hair.

"Hot. I think you might even be hotter than me." I teased, although I believed every word. In reality, Lacey was actually really attractive. I don't know if it was because she actually was or because I liked her so much that it made her seem attractive. And then it hit me that this weren't the kinds of thoughts you thought about your friend.

She looked at herself in the mirror,"Damn, good job Lilith! It looks sick." She ran her hands through the silver strands,"It's official, you rock." She added as she turned to look at me.

"I thought I already did." I replied and began to walk over to my bed, but not before turning the music up.

"No, before you were like okay, but now you totally rock." She lets herself fall on the bed. Her celestial blue eyes staring up at the ceiling, a bright smile on her plump lips.

I laid next to her staring at the ceilings as well, "So." she turned to face me.

Blue eyes staring into bluer eyes. This felt all too familiar. Why?