Chapter 27: Grown Up

12 Years Later
May
Kian's POV
Surprisingly, not a whole lot has happened in 12 years.
After a few years, we all moved into our own houses but next door to each other. Aaden, Aubrey, Bri and Luke are 17, Nikki is 14, Jess is 15 and Bryce is almost 13.
Johnny is 17, almost 18 (junior) and Addy is almost 14 (8th grade). They're the closest I've ever seen siblings. They never fight, they're always laughing and having fun with each other, and they're always there for each other.
Johnny can still be his shy little self, but he's gotten a lot more social. He's crazy smart too, never gotten anything less than a B. He loves soccer, ice cream, and anything blue. He's very sweet, loving, and can make anyone laugh.
Addy is a little diva, but a cute one. She always has a funny, sassy comment to make everyone laugh. She's great with kids and loves playing with little babies or toddlers. She has straight A's too. She loves dancing, pizza, and anything purple or galaxy style. She's a total sweetheart.
Johnny plays Varisty soccer, and he's really good. He's played since he was 6 and has loved it ever since. Addy does cheer and gymnastics. She's very flexible and dancing just makes her happy.
Johnny is extremely protective over her; He actually almost beat up a boy who was flirting with her a couple weeks ago. Classic big brother.
Johnny and Bri have had something going on since they were toddlers. She's his best friend, but I can tell there's something going on between them. I think they'd make a cute couple.
Johnny, Bri, Aaden, Luke, and Aubrey have stuck together since they were little. They're always over at each other's houses and going places. They're as close as friends could be, but they always remember Justin, James, and Jesse.
Jc and I went on tour and took the kids with us about 9 years ago. The fans loved the kids, and the kids loved the crowds.
Erica and I got married about 10 years ago and I love her more than life itself. She's the best wife I could have asked for. We've tried for our own kids, but she's had 2 miscarriages and the doctor said she can't have babies. It broke our hearts, so we try not to talk about it.
Bryce and Olivia had another baby about 7 years ago. It was a little boy they named Noah and he's pretty cute. Johnny goes to see him every so often. That's his only full sibling after all.
I take that back, I guess a lot has happened...
Johnny's POV
I woke up to my alarm clock blaring in my ear. I groaned and shut it off, laying in bed for a good 5 minutes before getting up. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I dried off and put on a blue hoodie, khaki pants, and blue Vans. I did my hair and brushed my teeth.
I went downstairs and Addy was eating cereal, Mom was doing laundry, and Dad was watching TV.
"Morning guys." I said with a yawn.
"Morning." They all said.
I got some breakfast and ate quickly.
"C'mon Adds, we gotta go soon." I said, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.
Since I can drive now and I have my own car, I take Addy to school. I pick up Bri, Luke, and Nikki too.
We finished getting ready and got in the car. First, we picked up Luke and Nikki, then we got Bri. We drove to school, laughing and singing along to songs on the radio. I dropped off Addy at her junior high and drove 2 more minutes to our high school. We finally got to the school and parked. Nikki went to her class and Luke, Bri, and I met up with Aaden and Aubrey by our lockers.
"I'm so done with Mrs. Edwards. She's such a bitch, I can't wait to leave her class." Aubrey said, rolling her eyes at a piece of paper in her hand with a giant red C- on it.
"I know, she failed me too." Luke said, huffing.
"Just 3 more weeks and we're seniors." I said, trying to keep things positive.
"True, I can't wait." Aubrey said.
We kept talking until the bell rang and I walked to AP Calculus with Aaden and Bri.
Throughout the whole class, I couldn't stop looking at Bri.
So yeah, I have an insane crush on Bri. I have ever since daycare! I mean, she's beautiful, smart, kind, funny, down to earth, athletic, and just...well...perfect...But she'd never date me, she's my best friend! I don't want to ruin our friendship with a stupid crush...
"Would you like to answer #6, Mr. Lawley?"
I snapped out of my daze, realizing Mr. Toman was staring at me.
"Oh uh..."
I looked at the equation on the board.
"67+X?" I said.
"Correct." He said, turning back to the board.
I sighed and looked back at Bri.
Why does she have to be so damn beautiful??
After School
I quickly left English VI and ran to the soccer locker room, late as usual. I changed into my uniform and grabbed my cleats. I rushed out onto the field and started warming up with the rest of the team.
"Dude, where've you been? If Phillips catches you late again, you'll be doing laps for weeks!" Aaden said, whisper yelling at me.
Because my stupid English teacher loves holding us after the bell, I'm constantly late to practice. Coach Phillips yelled at me last time I was late, and I don't feel like running 5 miles while holding a weight over my head.
"Not my fault Ms. Martin keeps me in late!" I whispered back as Coach Phillips walked onto the field.
We quickly got back to warm-ups and started doing our drills. I made sure to do each one perfectly to avoid being yelled at.
"Hey Hernandez! If I wanted a foward that moves 2mph, I'd get a freakin snail on the field! Put some effort into it!!" Coach Phillips screamed at Aaden.
I gulped as the ball came to me. I dribbled smoothly through defense to the goal until I saw Bri walking past with her softball team. I froze and stared, in total awe. That tight athletic t-shirt...those short Nike shorts...
"Lawley! What the hell are you doing!?"
I snapped out of my daze and kicked the ball, not really aiming anywhere. It hit the pole and smashed back at me, knocking me in the face. The whole team burst out laughing.
"That was the worst play I've ever seen! A stunt like that won't even make JV! Take a mile Lawley!" Coach Phillips yelled at me.
Aaden helped me up and I jogged to the track.
After Practice
I went to the locker room and changed into new clothes. I sprayed on some cologne and grabbed my backpack. I met up with Luke, Nikki and Bri and we got in the car.
"You okay Johnny? I saw you get nailed in the face earlier." Bri said as I started driving.
"Oh yeah, I'm fine. Just a rough day, kinda off my game." I lied, gulping.
She nodded and looked out the window. We picked up Addy and drove home. I dropped Luke and Nikki off, but Bri was gonna come over for a little. Addy went to hang out with Nikki, so it was just us too. We went inside and Dad was at a meeting (still does YouTube) and Mom was running errands.
"Wanna go upstairs and watch Netflix?" I asked, throwing my backpack on the coach.
"Sure." She said casually.
We went to my room and plopped on my bed. I turned on my XBox and went to Netflic. After debating for a while, we chose A Walk to Remember (literally one of my fav movies ever). As I played the movie, she cuddled into my chest and I put my arm around her, which was normal for us. As we watched, I gotta say, it was super cute. I wish Bri and I were like Landon and Jamie...
"I want a boyfriend like that...One who would make me a better me, but at the same time not want to change me. I want him to be sweet, loving, romantic, and understanding...All guys want nowadays is to get into a girls pants and take off." Bri said, looking up at me.
I looked into her eyes, wanting so badly to confess my love for her. God, she's so beautiful...
Suddenly, a wave of something washed over me and I leaned in. She leaned in too until our lips met. It was magical, sparks flying, butterflies going crazy in my stomach. Her lips were so soft and smooth. She moved them like she knew exactly what she was doing.
We kissed for a minute until we booth pulled away and looked into each other's eyes.
"W-woah..." She said with a small smile.
"You know...You were my first kiss..." I said, my checks turning pink from embarrassment.
She giggled a little.
"You were mine too..." She said.
I smiled and kissed her again, this time with more passion. We made out for about 10 minutes before we pulled away, desperate for air.
"Bri...I've been in love with you since we were 2 years old. From the first day I saw you with your cute little dimples and adorable your pigtails, I knew you were special. I never wanted to let you out of my life. I want to be your Landon. I want to treat you like the princess you are..." I said.
Her face lit up and she smiled.
"I've been in love with you too...I didn't want to say anything because I didn't think you thought the same. I didn't want to ruin our friendship..." She said.
"Well...Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked.
She nodded.
"I'd love nothing more." She smiled, and kissed me.
I kissed back and I couldn't be happier. I know have the love of my life...