Chapter 21: Water Beast

A/N
This chapter will contain violence and graphic content. These ideas came to me from a user who wanted to remain anonymous.

1 Month Later
Kian's POV
It's been a month and Jesse isn't doing any better. He's constantly in pain and crying. The tumor has gotten bigger but hasn't spread to anywhere else. It's heartbreaking seeing my son like this.
The boys are devestated. When I told them he was in the hospital, James broke down crying and screaming. He's always been closest with Jesse. Justin and Johnny were very upset too. Olivia and Bryce were another thing. They freaked and are pretty much at the hospital everyday. They're always bugging the doctors on anything else they can do. The doctors said we have to wait and see if his therapy works...
I'm currently sitting in my room, sulking in my bed. The boys are still sleeping, as well as everyone else.
"Hey Kian..."
I looked at the door and it was JJ with a sleepy Jess in his arms.
"Hey." I said softly, sitting up.
"How you doin?" He asked, sitting next to me.
"Same as always." I sighed.
"We should go out, get everyone's mind off the negative. It's really affecting everyone." He said.
"I don't feel like going anywhere..." I said.
"How about the beach? It's boiling today, like 95°. The kids would love it." He said.
I thought.
Maybe it would be nice to get out of the house and take our mind off everything.
"Ok, let's get everyone ready." I said.
He left and I took a shower. I changed into a black tank top, grey and black swim shorts, and black Vans. I did my hair and brushed my teeth.
I went into the boys' bedroom and woke them up. They got all happy when I said we were going to the beach. They're good swimmers, but they still swim with a life vest.
I gave them all a bath and changed them into matching clothes: a blue muscle tee, black, white, grey, and blue swim shorts, and blue Converse. I did their hair and they brushed their teeth.
We went downstairs and everyone was in beach clothes.
Jc stayed behind with Niki and told Emily to go on with us.
We all ate a quick breakfast and loaded everything into 2 cars. James, Johnny, JJ, Jess, and I were in my car and Emily, Luke, Aaden, and Chris went in the Emily's car.
We started driving and got to the beach within an hour and a half.
I noticed James was a little moody today, but I shook it off and just wanted to have a good time.
We set up our spot and I put sunscreen and life vests on the boys.
"No! I don't want it!" James said, throwing the vest off him.
"James you can't swim well enough. Wear it or you don't go on the water." I said.
He huffed and eventually put it on.
We played in the sand for a bit, making sandcastles, then everyone went into the water.
"Daddy! I can swim far!" James said, swimming farther out.
"James, get back here. Stay by us." I said.
"No." He giggled and kept swimming.
"James Lawley, get back here right now before I take you to the car."
He huffed again and swam back.
Man this kid has some attitude today...
I started playing around with Johnny and Justin since James swam to JJ. I looked around and he wasn't there.
"JJ, where's James?" I asked.
"I dunno. I thought he was with you." He said, holding Jess on his hip.
Fuck...
I looked around and saw James swimming about 50ft from us.
"JAMES!!" I yelled.
I dove into the water and started swimming after him.
All of a sudden, a loud siren went off.
"Everyone out of the water!" The lifeguard yelled.
"Shark!!" Someone else yelled.
I looked ahead and I saw a sharp fin gliding in the water about 30ft from James.
"James!!!!" I yelled again.
He looked at me, terror filling his little face.
"Swim to me James!!" I yelled.
He started paddling and I kept swimming to him. The fin got closer and closer to him.
"Daddy!!" He yelled.
I swam faster and faster...But I wasn't quick enough...
The fin went under. James stopped and looked at me. Not one second later, he screamed and was pulled under.
"JAMES!!!" I yelled.
I dove under and swam faster than ever. I saw the shark. It was small, but just as terrifying. He bit James sideways, his left side in his mouth.
I kicked the shark in the nose twice before he let James go, blood quickly spreading into the water. I grabbed him and swam back up. We were immediately pulled out by a resue boat. Now I had a better look at James...And it was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen...
Shark bites deep into his leg and chest, and even on on the side of his head. He was hyperventilating and stared at his body, going into shock.
"You're okay monkey, you're okay. Keep looking at me." I said.
He coughed up blood and salt water, then started gasping for air.
The rescue crew put an oxygen mask on him and sped back to shore where an ambulance was waiting.
When we got there, Emily, Chris, JJ, and the kids stood in shock.
"Get to the hospital now!" I told them as I got in the ambulance.
The paramedics closed then doors and tried to stop James' bleeding.
"You're lucky. That was a baby shark, doesn't have all it's teeth yet. Still did some great damage, but if it was an adult shark, he wouldn't be alive." The paramedic said.
I looked down at James, who was still in shock, and then at his wounds. This is all my fault...
We finally got to the hospital and they rushed us inside.
"We need to get him into surgery before he loses too much blood." A nurse said.
I nodded and they took him away. I fell into a chair and cried.
I hope he's okay...