Chapter 26: Baby Lawley

2 Weeks Later
Kian's POV
Erica and I are super excited. We're finally adopting our little girl. We've built a room and bought all the supplies.
We're adopting a 1 year old girl named Addison. We chose her profile online and we pick her up today. She's a total cutie, but her profile says she's a little shy but should come out of her shell soon. She was put up at birth because her parents were I think 14 when they had her.
I can't wait to get my little girl...
~~~~~~~~
Once the kids left for school, Erica and I got dressed. I put on a blue button up, khaki pants, and blue Vans. Erica put on a light pink mid-thigh dress with a white cardigan and pink flats. We finished getting ready and grabbed the car seat.
"We'll be back with a baby!" I said.
Everyone laughed and said bye.
I put the car seat in the back next to Johnny's and we got in the front.
The drive went by normally, talking about how excited we were to meet Addy. We pulled up and my smile fell, memories flooding back.
"What's wrong babe?" Erica asked, putting her hand on my thigh.
I swallowed as a tear fell down my cheek.
"This...this is where I adopted James...and Justin...and Jesse...and Johnny..." I said, sniffling.
"Shhh baby its okay. They're okay now. They won't feel anymore pain now. I know they would want their Daddy to be happy." She said, wiping away my tear.
I smiled and we kissed. I calmed down and we walked inside hand in hand.
There was a new person at the desk, looks like a 20 year old woman.
"Hello, I'm Ms. Shelby, how may I help?" She asked sweetly.
"I'm Kian Lawley, this is my girlfriend Erica. We're here to pick up Addison." I said.
"Oh yes of course! Fill out these forms and I'll be back with Addy." She said, handing me a clipboard with some papers.
She left and we filled them out. I am now the father of Addison Leah Lawley.
"Mr. And Mrs. Lawley?"
We looked up and Ms. Shelby was holding a tiny, little girl on her hip. She had light brown hair in two pigtails, hazel eyes, and slightly tan skin. She was wearing a pink t-shirt, jean shorts, and pink Vans, sucking on a purple pacifier.
"This is Addison. Addy, this is your new Mommy and Daddy." She said.
"Hi beautiful." Erica softly with a smile.
"Hey baby girl." I said in the same tone.
She whined a little and hid her face in Ms. Shelby's shoulder.
"It's okay sweetheart. They're nice." She said.
She looked up and held her arms out to me. I smiled and set her on my hip. Her arms wrapped around my neck and she nuzzled into chest.
"Here's her bag, and she's still in diapers, obviously. She also hasn't said her first word yet, but she should soon. She eats food like she should, but still drinks milk before she goes to sleep. She doesn't like crowds too much, or any loud noises like screaming, thunder, etc. Other than that, she should be good to go." Ms. Shelby said, handing Erica a small pink suitcase.
"Thank you so much." Erica and I said.
"Have a great life princess." She said with a smile to Addy.
She waved.
We thanked her again and left. We walked out to the car and I strapped Addy in her carseat.
"Your brother will be so happy to meet you." I said with a smile.
She giggled and I kissed her head.
I got in the front and we started heading home. Addy liked looking out the window at anything we passed by. Soon, we were finally home.
Erica took Addy out of her carseat and I grabbed her bag. We went inside and everyone was sitting on the couch. The boys were still in school.
"Guys, come meet Addy." I said.
They all got up and ran to us. I guess Addy for scared, because she started crying and clutching to Erica.
"Shhh don't cry pumpkin. It's okay, this is your family." Erica said.
Addy shook her head and made grabby hands at me, still crying. I took her and she wrapped her arms around my neck, crying into my shoulder.
"It's okay baby girl." I whispered, kissing her head.
She slightly calmed down and looked up.
"Addy, this is your Uncle Jc, Auntie Emily, your cousin Nikki, Uncle JJ, Auntie Chris, and your other cousins Jess and Bryce." Erica said softly.
"Hey pretty girl." Jc said with a smile.
"You are just too cute." Chris said.
"Baby! Baby!" Nikki said, jumping up and pointing at Addy.
Addy lightly waved, nervously sucking on her pacifier.
"Come here cutie, I won't hurt you." JJ said, holding his arms out.
JJ always had a way with shy kids. He could get them to open up really easy.
Addy hesitated for a second, then reached out into his arms. He smiled and kissed her head. She laid her head on his shoulder and started drooping her eyes.
"I think my baby girl is tired. You want some milk baby?" I asked.
She nodded.
I took her from JJ and walked upstairs. I sat down in a rocking chair and Erica brought me a bottle with milk. I gave it to Addy and she drank calmly. Erica and I smiled.
"She's so beautiful." Erica said.
"Yeah she is...I can't wait for Johnny to meet her." I said.
She fell asleep and I laid her down in her crib. We quietly closed the door and went downstairs.
At around 2, the boys were out of school. JJ picked them up and brought them home.
"Hey Daddy." Johnny said, running into my arms.
"Hey bud, how was your day?" I asked.
"Good, I can count up to 100 now!" He said excitedly.
"Good job little man. Hey, I got a surprise for you, but you have to be very, very quiet." I said.
He nodded with a smile. I looked at Erica and nodded. She came with us upstairs and we stopped at Addy's room.
"Remember when Mommy and Daddy said you weren't allowed in here?" I asked.
He nodded, confused.
"This is why..." Erica said as she opened the door.
Johnny saw all the baby stuff and smiled.
"Shhhh..." I whispered.
He looked confused. I carried him to the crib and let him look in. Addy was soundly sleeping.
"Who's that Daddy?" He asked.
"That is your baby sister Addy." I whispered.
His face lit up.
"I have a sister?!?!" He yelled excitedly.
I quick covered his mouth and shushed him.
Addy whined a little and woke up. She sat up and looked at me, then Erica, then Johnny.
"Hi Addy. I'm Johnny, your brother." He whispered with a smile.
She looked at him and smiled. She waved and giggled.
"She likes you bud, she was shy with everyone else." Erica said.
"You wanna hold her?" I asked.
He nodded fast.
I put him in the rocking chair and picked up Addy. I put her in his lap and Johnny smiled.
"She's little Daddy." He said, lightly hugging her tiny body.
"Yeah bud, she is. But you gotta be careful with her okay? Just like with Nikki and Jess. She's still a baby." I said.
"Okay Daddy, I will." He smiled, kissing her head.
She giggled and nuzzled her head into his chest. Johnny giggled.
"You like her little man?" Erica asked.
He shook his head.
"I love her!" He smiled.
We all smiled and laughed.
Man I love my family...