Chapter30

Owen's POV

It seems to me as if finding a plan without any holes is the hard bit, but executing the plan is simple. Masrani, Maisie, Claire, Barry, Saffi and I sat around the table discussing ideas for at least an hour. Everytime someone said something, it was combatted by another problem, another hole. I shut up after the first 10 minutes. I'm also pretty sure I hate Claire more now. The look on her face when she saw Saffi because she's a lot younger than us, planning with us, it was evident that she thought of her as something picked up out of the gutter, despite the fact that Saffi was making most of the ideas, plenty more than Claire.
Finally, I decide to say something.

"Maybe we should just find out who was in charge of creating the Raptors first."

They all stare at me, dumbfounded. Then their eyes widen in realisation. I glance down at my fingernails to cover my smirk.

***

"Dr. Wu, I need access to all the Raptor files. I will not ask you again. As CEO and owner of these Raptors, I demand that I should be given all files related to these Raptors. I also want to know which geneticists, if it was not you, worked on making the Alpha-1 pack, Owen Grady's pack."

"I have already told you, whatever files we had we gave to you, and the names of the scientists working on the Raptor packs should be in those files."

"We do not have the complete files! I want all of Phoenix's files!"

"So you named her Phoenix," Wu says with a look of disgust aimed at me.

"Don't derail the topic Dr.Wu," Masrani says, with a hint of annoyance in his voice. He then slides Phoenix's files, that I recovered, over to Wu. Wu stares with disbelief at the information in the files.

"This can't possibly be true!" Wu stutters.

"Well, it is," I reply, "I now want to know where the rest of Phoenix's files are, the part where it shows which geneticists are responsible for this.

"I honestly don't know! I'm not in charge of such a minor project, I have different, more pressing roles than a small Raptor pack." He's speaking the truth. That much is evident from the tone of disbelief and horror in his voice. "But I do know that Sarah Aldridge was in charge of the production of all Velociraptor assets at the period of time that batch was created..." he finally says with a thoughtful gaze at his computer. Sarah Aldridge. Finally we were getting somewhere.

"And where is her office?" Presses Masrani.

"Ah, see that's the thing.... she isn't working for us anymore," replies Wu, looking timidly to each of us in turn, "and before you ask, she didn't tell me who she now works for, she was only with us for a few months, and was a promising geneticist so was charged with the production of those assets, but for some reason, she left a few months ago.... I guess we now know why..." ponders Wu, "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to get back to work, that is as all I can assist you with," Wu dismisses with finality. At least he gave us a lead, but from the look on Masrani's face, it's clear that he wants to punch him all the way to the mainland. The thought humours me a bit, if just for a small while. But now I am going to find that Aldridge, for Phoenix, for Kylie.