Chapter16

Owen's POV

My girl's finally back!!!! And she's top of the pack again, thank goodness, she had them all backed up against a tree!

I know now what I'm gonna do to help get Phoenix back to normal. She needs to understand enough to have complex enough feelings, and be able to show them enough and then the game's over. I'll get the scientists to change her back and BAM! She's normal. I just hope it's gonna be that simple....

Phase 1 of Operation-Changing-Phoenix-Back.

I need to find out as much information about her as I can. This means, I'll have to go searching through scientist files, Raptor files, and the genetic files. I have basic clearance to my Raptor files, but they're lying. It says in the file, that she's part Raptor, part snake, a hint of... Dog?! Well, I guess we know where the loyalty comes from.... Since I'm the lead trainer, I also have access to the more complex Raptor database.
Time to pursue those rights.

Phoenix's POV
I'm scared. Ever since the accident, I have been becoming more Raptor. I have... Fits, in which I'm not human anymore, and I think it's because the Raptor DNA is taking over. There cannot be any other explanation. I need to be changed back. And soon. Before I become fully Raptor. Please.... It hurts.... Help....

Owen's POV
"OWEN, THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH PHOENIX!"
Nonononononononono..... This can't be happening. She's wild. There's no other way to describe it. What's happening!?

She's running around the enclosure, chasing Blue while Delta and Echo are cowering in fear. Nonono. She's not gonna stop. Why. Why. Why. I'm sorry Phoenix.

Phoenix's POV
And then the world goes blank.