Chapter8

Barry's POV

Whoa. He's a natural. That or Phoenix can understand him. Or a bit of both. Now that would be cool. Next to me, Saffi is staring in awe, her mouth slightly open.

"Let's go. I think that's enough for today," he exclaims. He takes the bucket down to the cage and hooks it up. Nodding to the guy looking after the gate, Owen walks towards us. I can't help but notice the utter disbelief on the gate guys face, it's pretty funny.

We walk towards my enclosure and I quickly assess it. My go now. I walk towards my Raptors, my heart racing in my chest. I needed to focus on K2 because she was the Beta of my pack. I try a more different route than Owen and decide to throw the meat in front of the Raptors just to make sure the pecking order hasn't changed. The Beta should come forward and take the meat first. Surprisingly, Lufy steps forward and takes it. Guess it's changed. I still need to be weary of K2 though. I throw the meat to Lufy and he catches it. Once I've done it to all the Raptors in turn, I look for any changes in the Raptors' behaviors'. They are obviously a lot more relaxed and the colour of their skin is less threatening. They can change their skin colour to reflect their personalities and moods because they are part chameleon. For example, K2 is quite a firey red most of the time, now she's more of an orange, like a safety flame. Lufy is usually a purpley dark grey colour, like a raging storm, and now he's like the night sky with a deep shade of purple. Kady is a more chilled dinosaur, so she's an icy blue, now she's a skye blue. Collie is quite green, like an unknown jungle, she's now the colour of grass. And Terrier is a yellow sun, but not the nice type, the type that scorches you in the desert.  Or when you come near it. However now, it was a pastel chalk yellow.
I was told this by Claire when she came to meet me.
Lufy eventually cautiously bows, regarding me closely. Whoo! I'm done. I nod at them and walk off but once I'm with Owen and Sffi, I jump up and high 5 them. I finish the day with a smile.