Chapter23

Phoenix's POV

It's starting to come in fits now. I will be normal and perfectly fine, and then suddenly, I'll be growling and having fits, and I don't know what I'm doing, and I get so scared when I.... Wake up. It's like almost drowning and then I break the surface of the water, gasping for breath.

Owen's POV

A warm glow comes from the sun outside the window, and I know that there would be a maximum security search to try and find Phoenix. But they needn't bother. My gaze wanders over to Saffi and Barry, who are sprawled across the sofa, and Maisie, who is asleep on the chair.

I've got to do it. Now.

***

I march into the office block, much to the surprise of the many security guards situated around the block. They try to stop me, but when one of them makes the foolish mistake of touching me, I punch him square in the nose. No one's going to stop me now.

Storming up to the tall imposing door leading to Claire's office, I take a breath to compose myself, and then knock curtly on the door. A tired voice tells me to enter, and I oblige. I need Claire to help me with this. I can't do this myself.

"Mr Grady, I had a feeling you might be coming here."
"Skip the formalities Claire," I growl.
"Where is she?"
"Claire, I need you to listen to me," and then, I bring the folder out. The shock on her face is evident and priceless. It makes me give a small smirk knowing that I can still surprise her.
"Where did you get that?" She asks, barely audible.
"Do you even know what's in it?" I answer.
"No, but...."
"Well then, let me show you."

Okay guys, I've decided how often I'm going to update, after this update, I'm going to update once every two weeks. Okay? Okay. (See what I did there?) Anyways, love y'all xx