Chapter24

Owen's POV

I glance at Claire inbetween my explanation and am pleasantly surprised to see her mouth hanging open in disbelief. And not much surprises Claire.
"We need to tell Mr Masrani..." She whispers.
"You need to help me save her Claire." I whisper back.
"You need to help me make her human again."

Barry's POV

He's not here. This is not good. This is not part of the plan. And this is OWEN we're talking about. He could've gone to Wu. Or Masrani, or, god forbid, Claire. He could've done anything. He loves her enough. Her. Phoenix. This is not good.

Owen's POV

As I wait outside the office where Claire is informing Mr Masrani of our situation, I flick through the files. But I can't get past the first page, and instead I just stare at the picture and the name. Kylie Davis. Age: 18. Address: N/A. Parents: Unknown. I can't believe this. Who is Kylie? Does she have any family? Did she even give permission to be used as a human experiment. I feel sick.
"Owen!!!" yells Barry from the corridor, running towards me breathlessly, closely pursued by Saffi and Maisie. Oh god. Now I'm going to get my ear chewed off by Barry.

Barry's POV

"Are you alright? What happened!" I shout to him once I'm in earshot.
"I'm sor- Wait, did you ask how I was feeling?" He stares at me, dumbfounded. It's quite funny.
"Um, last time I checked, but I must have been speaking Latin." I say sarcastically.
He shoots me a dry look.

Just then, Mr Masrani comes out of the room, followed by Claire. He looks at all three trainers and Saffi and beckons for us to come in the office.
"We all know why we're here, so let's skip the formalities," he begins solemnly. Everyone gives terse curt nods, lips pressed thinly.
"Me and Miss Dearing have went over the files, and we are now going to talk to Mr Wu."
"What are you going to do with him?" blurted out Owen.
"We are going to find out who is responsible for using human DNA."