Chapter12

Owen's POV

"Fine! What do you want? Why. Won't. You. Leave. Me. Alone? " I say, stressing out the final bit. Maisie is starting to get on my nerves.

" Look, I know that the last few days haven't been very good for you-"

"Bit of an understatement,"

"-but you need to listen to me. I need to talk to you. In private. And soon."

"No, why can't we talk here?" I say, tapping my foot against the steel walkways. I've got to say, she's determined.

"Okay, that's it. I am doing this for your own good! What do you think I'm trying to tell you?! Huh?!" Oh gosh. I flinch at the words, pretty sure that my face is bright red.

Maisie's POV

His face flushes a deep shade of red and he starts to stammer, clearly taken aback. Ugh. I smack my head on my forehead and glare at him in frustration. I stalk out of the room leaving Owen in a dumbfounded state and the Max trying to conceal a smirk.

I stand near Owen's bike, waiting for him to arrive.

I couldn't believe that's what he thought! In fact, the only reason I'm doing this is because I heard InGen were involved. And anything involving them is bad news.

I'm not disappointed as a few minutes later, Owen comes out and mounts his bike. It's clear he's regained his nonchalant self as he starts the bike up. I come out from the dark shadows of the nearby truck.

"Sit," he says, and then we set off towards his bungalow.

Owen's POV

I sit on the ground in shock as I hear what Maisie says. It was so obvious.

The past 4 days have been really bad for me. The night after Saffi and I messed around, everything went downhill. Blue got really feisty for some reason at Charlie. She lunged at Charlie and was about to bite her throat. No amount of whistling from me or calls from Phoenix was gonna stop her. Then just as we were about to tranquilize Blue, Phoenix jumped in and managed to free Charlie but got a deep scratch on the shoulder from Blue. That was it. We had to tranquilize both of them and check both of their injuries.

Blue's weren't that bad, but Phoenix has been isolated till she heals from the deep laceration in her muscle.

We were nervous about releasing Blue back into the enclosure but luckily her aggression had diminished. With Phoenix gone, Blue is the Beta. We've been through 2 goats now. Not counting the one from today.

We need Phoenix back.

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for not updating in so long! I was on holiday, but i should be updating about once a week from now on!!! And thankyou all for so many views and votes! Feel free to write anything you want in the comments, even if its totally irrelevant to the story ;) bye x