Chapter6

Okay. So in this chapter I may switch around the POV's to help you understand all the characters! Comment if you like it or nah. ;)

Saffi's POV

Today. It's today! Today, my father starts training the Raptors with Owen. Even though they have two different packs of Raptors, they're going to help each other. They're going to train Owen's Raptors first for about an hour, have a break, and then train Dad's pack. I can't wait! Obviously, I can't help but I've been granted permission to 'spectate'.
I jump out of my bed, throwing the covers aside. Running to the en-suite, I wash my face and hands and go down for breakfast.
"Hey, Saf,"
"Hi, dad!" I exclaim.
"Hahaha, someone seems excited!"
"Obviously, RAPTORS!"
"I remember, have breakfast child."
I quickly grab a slice of toast and bite into it, forgetting to butter it. Ah well, I'm too excited to care. I run back to my bedroom, leaving a very confused Dad behind.
I go through my suitcase, trying to find something to wear. Finally I settle on a pair of leggings, my Jurassic world top, and a black hoodie with Drake on it. I gather my long black hair into a high ponytail and look at myself in the mirror.
I'm fairly tall, about 170cm. I've got black hair which reaches my back when it's let down. My eyes are dark brown and I'm pretty muscular, not skinny like everyone at school says you have to be. Although, my family says I look beautiful, but I'm not that convinced. I'm okay looking I guess.

We meet Owen at the innovation center where we agreed to meet. I call his name and quicken my pace. He raises his hand, saying hi. As Dad and I walk over to him, I find myself trying to guess how old Owen is. He seems to be in his mid twenties. He looks fairly young, handsome in a scruffy sort of way. He reminds me of an older brother, always joking and making me smile. He's got a sort of cool demeanor, like nothing bothers him, which it doesn't.
Despite being the first day of Raptor training, he seems totally cool. Hah, that's one of the things I like about him. He'll always make you feel calm and collected.

Barry's POV

The first time I saw Owen's Raptors, I had an overwhelming feeling that something about Phoenix was different. Seeing them today, I have exactly the same feeling.
They're beautiful, especially Blue. She's a dark, oceanic color, with little specks of light blue which look like the sky. She's also got a stripy pattern like a tiger, sort of turquoise in color. But seeing Phoenix, I can see what Owen saw in her. She's not as pretty, but far more striking. Whereas Blue is like a calm sea, Phoenix is like flames. Appropriately named. She's red-orange with little sparks of yellow, red and orange over her. But her snout is the most jaw dropping. It's peackock blue and shaped like a flame. It reaches just below her eyes. Charlie, Delta and Echo are also stunning, Charlie is a greeny yellow, Delta is purply pink and Echo is sort of a metallic blue steely color.
I love the Raptors. It suits me. They're wild, and slightly rebellious, like me which is obviously the best thing about them.

Owen's POV
As we wait at the enclosure as we're told to, a few minutes early, I spot Claire coming towards us. I check my old watch. 10:00 exactly.
"So hello Owen, Barry. We've obviously already met. Today, you're going to be getting to know the Raptors. You're going to watch them and assess the pecking order and are going to prove your dominance over them using treats, clickers and this." She hands us a jar full of.....things and shakes them. It makes a horrendous noise and it takes all my willpower not to double over in pain. She stops quickly and continues talking. "You're job is to become the Alpha. You obviously learnt all this at the training course so do what you must. Oh, and don't kill yourself. It would cause a lot of bad publicity."
"Always warming to see your support," I say sarcastically, but my heart wasn't really in it. I was anticipating the next few hours. She says bye and leaves.
Here we go.