First sight

About the first time Jiley met.
(A few years before Season 1)

Riley's POV
I'm so excited! Auditions for J-Troupe are today, and I really really hope to join. This would be my third year in this studio. It's very important for me, so I can improve a lot and join in A-Troupe in the future. I started to dance because of my sister, Emily, who danced ballet at this academy since I was only a little baby. Some years later I started to dance too, and now, we were last year together at J-Troupe. I'm 10 and it's the perfect year to improve as much as I can.

I and my sister entered to the studio towards Miss Kate's office. She is the studio owner, but I remember her dancing at A-Troupe when I was a little child.

"Hey Miss Kate!! Riley and I are going to do the auditions another year." Emily sounded very enthusiastic, and I was very impatient for dancing.

"And you will kill it. Hug me, my girls!" Miss Kate is like a mother for us. She has seen us to grow up. "Go to Studio B, all the guys are there."

I know some J-Troupe members aren't going to return this year and maybe we found new people, what made me to feel nervous. However, if we are only a few, Miss Kate wouldn't need to choose and we all could join.
We walked to Studio B and I saw all people warming up and talking. First, I see Daniel with a ginger girl. Then, was Eldon with a boy similar to him, but with dark hair. Finally, I saw Steph and Chloe and we went towards them.

Daniel came and introduced the new girl to us. "Hi girls. She's Giselle." She saluted us, she seemed sooo sweet! I also wanted to salute Eldon and the new boy, but I felt a little ashamed. I looked one second at them, and they were laughing. That boy should be my same age, but he seems very handsome and likeable.

James' POV
This is my first day at The Next Step. I have danced since I hadn't memory, always with friends or taking classes in my neighbourhood. My mom thinks it's time I start to dance in an academy.

She was talking with the teacher, or the owner, I don't know how I have to call her. I walked until the other room and saw a guy alone.

"Hi. My name is James." I said to him, who was lying on the floor, staring at the ceiling.

"I'm Eldon. Are you going to join?" He sat, and I sat beside him.

"Yeah. Nice to meet you." I answered, taking his hand. "Which is your favourite style?"

"Contemporary, but I want to learn more styles."

"Great. My favourite is breakdance. It's very useful with girls."

"Oh. So you will have to help me with one." Two girls entered at the studio B and Eldon didn't apart his eyes from one of them.

"Which one?"

"Blonde. She's Emily. The other is her sister Riley. Don't touch Emily, she's mine. Okey no, but she will be mine." Eldon said very serious as I giggled.

The blonde girl has one of the more mature bodies between the girls. On the other hand, her sister looked more innocent, but she was really cute, like that doll that you look all day but you don't touch for not damaging it.

Riley's POV
Miss Kate arrived and announced what I wanted to hear - we all were at J-Troupe, what is more, there were free places if some new guy arrived later. However, we auditioned to show our styles. All dancers did amazing. Daniel, who started to dance only a two years ago, had improve a lot. Giselle was amazing on acro. Then were that boy, whose name was James, who did hard steps with his strong arms. I think I danced very well too, I am proud of myself.

"Hi Riles. You're so good." I feel his hand on my shoulder, he was behind me. I smiled to him.

"Thank you but my name is Riley. You were amazing too."

"Nothing. You're little, you'll be even better when you'll grow up." He smiled, nipped my cheek and went back with Eldon, as I felt myself blushing. What did he mean? Better body or better dancer?

I was out the studio with my sister, waiting our mother. James and Eldon passed next to us and said bye.

"That James..." Emily whisped.

"Have you said something?"

"Yeah. I know James although he doesn't know me."

"Do you know him? How?" I asked with curiosity.

"Do you remember Amanda? The girl at school who go to the class next to mine. She's a dancer too. I heard that she liked another dancer and maybe he will ask her for a date. Last week when I left high school I could see them hangout at street."

"So they will date..." I said a little dissapointed.

"Don't think about it a lot Ri. If she wasn't Amanda, it would be another girl. He's very popular. When he grow up, he will be such a silly player... Go, that is mum's car."

James was some days at my mind, untill I heard he finally dated Amanda. He became only a dance partner, and a player. Specific, that one who hadn't a good relationship with my sister.

If I only had known what the time made with us...

Author's note
I know they joined to the studio before than that, but that way I could write something which make sense.

Did you like it?