1

Yoongi sprinted along the path and raced straight past the lined up trees, and laughed at the feeling of the wind whipping through his hair, whooshing past his ears, and at the bubbly happiness that frothed inside him.

"I'm right behind you!" Jungkook breathlessly yelled from behind. His light footsteps speedily thudded against the pavement. A burst of adrenaline shot through Yoongi like lightning and he erupted into giggles as he heard Jungkook's panting getting closer.

Yoongi took an abrupt turn astray from the path, hoping to throw Jungkook off his trail, but Jungkook saw right through Yoongi's actions. Yoongi only slowed down at the result of his trick, and defeat hit him the second Jungkook's hand latched onto the fabric of Yoongi's shirt. Yoongi stumbled and quickly approached the closest tree, and leaned his body onto it for support. The two of them stood and were panting heavily, and smiling at each other like idiots.

Jungkook tilted forward and planted a kiss on Yoongi's nose, catching the older completely off guard.

"Got you!" Jungkook tried to yell, but his lack of breath had tripped his words down into a whisper, and a grin surfaced his face as he sharply inhaled and exhaled, taking in Yoongi's disheveled appearance.

Yoongi took the boy's hand into his and watched as his grin faltered.

"Actually..." Yoongi muttered, then gripped Jungkook's waist, and whizzed the two of them around so Jungkook was leaning against the tree."...I got you." Yoongi smirked at a flustered Jungkook and rested his hand on Jungkook's shoulder, then began to edge closer. Jungkook backed more against the tree as much as he could; he wasn't expecting Yoongi to actually kiss him, nonetheless he closed his eyes and awaited Yoongi's lips to graze against his, but that didn't happen. Jungkook only felt the stillness of the silence and the warm breeze brush past his face.

He opened his eyes again, to see Yoongi with a shocked expression looking slightly behind him, and he tensed in confusion."W-What is it?" Jungkook whispered. Worry crept into and crawled beneath his skin; had someone caught the two of them?

Yoongi's gaze lifted higher and higher as he examined the tree's trunk, until his eyes landed on the thousands of green and white leaves that hung over them. He stared at it in wonder; it had triggered something inside him, and he couldn't look away. It was beautiful. The elongated leaves swayed and swiped against each other as the wind picked up. Yoongi awed at the sound of the leaves rustling.

"Jungkook..." He murmured, and watched as a sparrow flew above them and landed on a thick branch, then wrapped it's tiny claws around it. The sparrow shot it's head in several directions before straightening it's wings out into the air.

Jungkook only stared at Yoongi and the sparkling light that shone brightly in his eyes. "Yeah?" His voice barely at a whisper.

"This tree is...it's full of everything; life, look..." Yoongi raised his hand up and pointed at the sparrow. "...and death, look..." He pointed at a leaf as it barely drooped from the tree, ready to fall any second. "...and every emotion ever; happiness, love...just look at the colour of the leaves, this oak tree-"

Jungkook snorted at Yoongi, who tore his gaze away from the surroundings to see what was so funny.

"Why are you laughing? I was doing great!" Jungkook only shook his head.

"Yoongi, this is a willow tree. Look how thick the trunk is, look at the leaves." Jungkook examined Yoongi as he looked around, completely confused. "They're drooped down. They're more green on the upper side and white-ish on the lower side."

Yoongi eyes fell back on Jungkook's smiling face, and he curiously stared. "Have you been studying, Jungkook?" Jungkook felt his smile grow and bit his lip, then nodded slowly. "Well done, Jungkook! You've been studying!" Yoongi rushed his words out in excitement and pulled Jungkook into a hug, who was startled at first but then snaked his arms around Yoongi's waist.

Jungkook always had difficulty studying, so Yoongi took it into his hands to praise him whenever he did, and hoped that it would motivate him to study more.

"Jungkook, I really like this tree." Yoongi mumbled into the fabric of Jungkook's shirt.

"More than me?" Jungkook tried his best to sound offended, even though he knew it wasn't like that; he just wanted to hear Yoongi laugh.

"Obviously not." Yoongi scoffed, and a speck of disappointment floated within Jungkook as he didn't get to hear the sound he desired, but his heart fluttered instead at Yoongi's words, at the protectiveness he heard in them. "Let's mark this tree, Jungkook. This can be our tree."

Yoongi backed Jungkook more against the trunk of the tree so he could lean his whole body against Jungkook; he was growing tired of standing but didn't want to let go of Jungkook, Jungkook knew that and clutched Yoongi's shirt tighter as they still hugged. He hoped it would keep Yoongi warmer.

"Okay, this is going to be our willow tree."