4*

-bonus chapter [4k reads]-

Yoongi stared at himself in the bathroom mirror and hissed out a string of curses. He looked terrible. To top it all off, he could hear everything Jungkook's dad was saying to Jungkook downstairs. Yoongi was at Jungkook's place for the first time, and he finally met the boy's parents.

"Just don't bring him over again,okay?" Mr. Jeon was trying to be polite, Yoongi could hear the hint of that in his voice, but it was firing Jungkook up.

"Why not? What's wrong with him?" They were trying to yell quietly but it really wasn't working, and Yoongi knew he would have to make an excuse to go home as soon as he returned to the room, otherwise it would only get worse.

"Jungkook! You're not the type to make friends with boys that have wild hair colours. He looks too reckless, and he's way older than you!"

"That's not fair, one of Taehyung's friends has blue hair, dad! Blue hair!"

"He's actually very polite!"

Yoongi gripped the sink tightly and bit his lip. Maybe he shouldn't have turned up today.

"Yoongi's polite too! He's so nice, and kind, and friendly, and caring-"

"I just don't see it, Jungkook! Now stop arguing, I'm sure there are plenty of people in your own class that are better than him!"

Jungkook clenched his hands tightly, he didn't want to argue with his dad either, but everything he said was completely uncalled for. He could feel the anger slowly fabricating higher and higher until it immersed his heart right down to his feet.

"No one's better than Yoongi!" He screeched, not caring that Yoongi had just entered the room. He jogged over towards Yoongi and grabbed his wrist. "Let's go." He murmured, and ran towards the door, ignoring his father's words.

"J-Jungkook." Yoongi was completely startled, he tried his best to keep up with Jungkook as he stormed down the streets.  "I-It's okay-"

"No, it's not!" Jungkook yelled, and halted his tracks. "They don't understand, Yoongi! They don't know what kind of person you actually are! I know you're amazing, but they j-"

"Jungkooook." Yoongi dragged the boy's name out, and held both of his hands. "It's okay, okay?" He smiled.

Jungkook sighed, and Yoongi squeezed his hands. He was happy of how defensive Jungkook was being over him. Yoongi knew that Jungkook knew that he really wasn't that nice, and kind, and friendly, and caring. He was only like that to Jungkook.

"It's not okay." Jungkook pouted, and he felt his anger slowly disperse from his mind at Yoongi's warm touch.

"You're still living in your rebel phase I see." Yoongi grinned, and Jungkook scoffed. He couldn't hide his smile, no matter how pissed off he was. Yoongi always made him like that. "But don't storm out on your parents like that. They're your parents-"

"You should've heard what my dad was saying about you, Yoongi! Did you expect m-"

"I did, Jungkook. I heard it all, but he's your dad, he's your family. You don't have to approve of his words all the time, but you at least hear them out."

"I was hearing him out! I didn't like what he said either!"

"Yeah, but don't retort at him like that. He's only saying what he thinks is best for you."

Jungkook huffed, and dropped one hand out of Yoongi's so they could walk ahead together. "Why are you always right?"

"I'm Min Yoongi. It's an assigned statement that I'm always right."

"Whatever." Jungkook murmured, and tugged Yoongi closer to his side. They swung their hands together in the air freely. "You know I love you, right?"

"Of course I do." Yoongi beamed, and tried to conceal his delight at Jungkook's words. "I love you too. And I don't care what anyone says about us, Jungkook. I think we're better off together."

Jungkook nodded, and threw his arm around Yoongi. "Yeah." He breathed.

For once, the outside air was warm, and dense with tenderness. They both felt it within them as one.