22

"Sing for me." Yoongi whispered as he sat leaning his back against Jungkook's. The younger was reading a book whilst the older was getting some work done.

"What?" Jungkook exclaimed loudly to which Yoongi sighed and laughed.

"I've heard you humming all those other times. I know you can sing, Jungkook." Jungkook smiled and gripped tighter onto his book, mentally selecting a song to sing, then he cleared his throat. Yoongi waited in silence.

"Teach me how to read these
broken lines~"

Jungkook began, and Yoongi swore, it was the most beautiful sound to his ears. The grey sky and gentle pattering rain oddly matched it all the more.

"Hold me like a lover~"

Yoongi could hear the smile in Jungkook's voice.

"We'll find a way
to run away
tonight~"

Jungkook didn't know why the chose the song, but he liked it.

"Tell me when it's over~"

Yoongi's heart knotted at hearing the sadness in that line.

"Promise that you'll always
keep me in mind~"

Jungkook felt a lump in his throat, and he didn't think he could go on, but he tried.

"Burning like a soldier~"

It got harder to sing.

"I'll find my way
to you
and save-"

And Jungkook cracked, as he realised how he related to the words. He realised how much he didn't want Yoongi to leave.

Yoongi snapped up and turned around, then wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist and back hugged him for a while.

"Jungkook, we're getting there, okay?"

Jungkook sniffled, and nodded.