Chapter 11: Hating the bad boys name: I feel like a stripper

Bree's PoV

"Girl you have to buy this skirt." Brec demanded as she held it out for me.

I shook my head whilst looking up at the piece of material. "Nah skirts are not really my thing."

Bethany groaned. "Oh come on, you'll never know if you suit skirts when the last time you wore one you were eight." She reasoned.

Brec, Bethany and I were all in town doing some shopping. There's no doubt this wasn't my idea because I'm not one to go shopping and dress up. But since my best friend and sister both love it so much they forced me to come.

I like to think of myself as a tough girl that can stand up for herself, but when it comes to Bethany, Brec and shopping there's no stopping them.

I scoffed and folded my arms. "The last time I wore a skirt I wasn't eight."

"Really when was it then?" My sister asked, giving me a disbelieving look.

I fiddled with my finger nails. "I was nine." I mumbled.

They both started laughing. I scowled at how they both were clearly loving my awkwardness. "Awe Bree, you are just so adorable." Brec cooed, reaching out to pinch my cheeks.

I slapped her hands away before they could reach my face. "Shut up. And I could wear a skirt if I wanted too."

There was this evil glint in Brec's eye. It was a look Cruella de Vil would have given if she saw a bunch of Dalmatians walking down the street. Then one of the most used words in my vocabulary came out of her mouth. "Prove it." She said trying to challenge me.

I'm a very competitive person and Brec, she knows that. She's using my stride  to always win as an advantage. I could tell my brain tried so hard to control my mouth but my it just has a mind of its own. It instantly regretted the words that came out but there was no taking them back now. "Challenge accepted."

~*~

"I'm not doing this." I said poking my head out around the changing room curtain, my body hidden.

"Don't be such a baby Bree." Bethany said waving her hand dismissively.

"I am not a baby." I folded my arms and stuck out my tongue. Oh yeah, way to show them you're not childish Bree.

Beth ignored my comment and literally dragged me out the room. "Damn girl you look hot." Bethany shouted, wolf whistling.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I wore a cropped lace top and a short skirt. I refused to wear heels so they reasoned with black flats. "I feel like a stripper."

Brec laughed and aimed her index finger at me. "That would be because you look like a stripper."

With that I turned to go straight back into the changing rooms but an arm grabbed me before I could do so. "I think what she meant is that you look beautiful. Right Brec?" Beth asked narrowing her eyes at her.

"Of course, a beautiful stripper . . . " Brec's eyes widened. " . . . I mean you aren't a stripper not that I'm saying you ever would be and I'm not saying that being a stripper is that bad ok maybe it is a little bad . . what I'm trying to say is you look beautiful."

Bethany and I looked at her like she was crazy. "Whatever." I drawled out.

"So are you ready to test this out?" Beth asked as we walked to the till to pay.

I tilted my head. "Do I have a choice?"

She shook her head. "Nope."

I sighed and stretched out my arms. "I guess I'm ready then."