Chapter 3.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2013.

CHAPTER 3.

this chapter is dedicated to sweet_cherry981 for being the first person to comment on my book. :) thanks hon .. I wrote this chap only for you. The next one to be the first to comment will get a dedication from me.  (: xx.

***********************************************

"I'm off to pick Ethan up from granny's place Mrs.A.", I shouted from the kitchen while gathered up my things. Today is Ethan's birthday and I couldn't wait to surprise him. He always wanted a Laptop for his birthday but  because I didn't have enough money to afford it, he stayed quiet and never bugged me about it. Though he never complained about it, it still pained me to see his sad face whenever he saw kids having fun with their gadgets but that soon will change because I've been working extra hours to collect money and finally I gathered enough to buy it for him.

"Your leaving dear?. Wait!, I have something I want to give you.", Mrs.A replied while poking her head out of her office door. I laughed at her antics but nonetheless waited patiently for her. She finally emerged out of her office door carrying a medium sized white box. I looked at her questionably but she just smiled widely at me. She pushed the box towards me when she reached me and that's when I noticed that It was a packaged cake.

"I have been hiding this since morning from you. This is for Ethan and don't you dare refuse to take it.", She said while handed me the box. I smiled at her angelic face but shook my head.

"I can't accept this Mrs.A. I kno-", she cut me off by taking hold of my hand.

"Nonsense dear, of course u can accept it. I may not be your real grandma but I am still your Mrs.A and you'll make me sad if you don't take it.", she said while squeezing my hand affectionately. I looked at her with tearful eyes and gave her a smile.

"Real or not, You are a part of my life Mrs.A and thank you so much. Ethan will be so glad to receive this from you.", I said. "Do you mind If I leave this here for sometime?. There's something I want to get for Ethan.", I asked Mrs.A.

"Not at all dear. Take the keys with you so you wont have any problem when you come back to take it.", she said while fished out the keys from her pocket and handed it to me. I took it and pecked her cheek.

"Thank you for doing this for Ethan Mrs.A. I promise I'll be back soon.", I told her. She nodded then gave me a hug. I placed my bag and the cake safely on a table then took out the money I have been saving up for a while from my pocket. I smiled and placed it safely on the front pocket of my jeans. I can't wait to see the look on Ethan's face when he sees the game. I grabbed my coat and skedaddled through the door.

...................................................................................................................................................... 

I was walking down the street consumed in my own thoughts. I kept on looking at my wrist watch hoping that the store doesn't close early. I moved towards an alley in order to reach the shop faster. The alley was deserted making me be high alert of the place. I heard some light footsteps close behind me making my heart race quickly. I turned around but saw no one. I pulled my coat tightly around me and started walking quickly.  I heard the footsteps getting louder behind me which made me pick up my pace and suddenly I was slammed on the wall with a knife pressed on my neck.

"Where do you think your going sweetheart.", the thug said while pressed the knife hardly on my neck causing it to scrape my skin.

"Please let me go.", I begged him, my eyes brimming with tears. My neck was burning because of the pain. He laughed and tightened his hold on me. He grasped my hand painfully and snapped the watch out of my wrist causing it to bleed painfully.