| T W E N T Y - S E V E N |

MARTRAY

I made it out of the hospital lobby just about twenty minutes ago. I felt the need to tell Tereny what was up. I told Honda that I needed to head to the hospital to give someone something and she fell for it.

As we made it back to her full sized home, I was feeling a little anxious. I don't know if I did the right or the wrong thing, but I know that if it was wrong, it couldn't be taken back now. The damage was done.

My mind was made a long time ago when Paci said that he was stopping by the hospital to pay Bruce a visit. I'm sure Bruce could've handled his own, but hell...the nigga weak right now. And I couldn't live with his injuries on my conscious again.

I love my cousin to death, I really do, but the nigga is on some foul shit. Some GTA shit that I wasn't down with. Especially because the ones he's trying to hurt are close to home. Too close. Shit was falling apart and it was up to me to clean up the mess without anybody getting hurt.

Part of me wanted the police to catch up with that nigga.

"You okay?" Honda's tiny voice asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked her way and damn near blushed like a bitch.

"I'm good." I answer her.

"You look like you're thinking real hard over there."

"Naw, I'm straight." I lie.

My mind was all over the damn place, but it didn't stop me from making passes at Honda. I wanted her and I'm sure she knew that. I'm not to keen on relationships anymore, but if she would just let me fuck one time, then I may reconsider.

"How long it's been since you had a nigga?" I thought to ask. She smiled and put her focus back onto the road.

"It's been damn near five years." Damn. That mean no sex too? I thought to myself. I wanted to ask, but I didn't want to come off as too interested in sex and turn her off so I minded my business.

"You not wanting to be in one or you just haven't found the right nigga that will treat you right yet?"

"The second one." She responded.

That made me smile as I put my focus onto the road that she was turning down. This girl was too damn good to be true. I didn't want to end up falling for this girl and my life turns out how Tereny's'own turned out.

I don' been a fuck up all my life. Hurting women, making them suck my dick for a little of nothing, giving them babies just to leave them, and just not giving a fuck. When I married Cheri, I was trying to be serious about life and grow the fuck up. When I thought I had, I ran into Tereny and the old me just came back. I was afraid that it would happen again and I end up hurting Honda. I didn't want to hurt her or anyone else for that matter.

But ain't nothing wrong with talking.

"I'm-a be straight up with you." I tell her once she pulled up into her driveway and went to a stop. "I'm not 'bout to front like I'm a good ass nigga and all that good shit. I'm not about to feed you no bullshit lies. I'm-a keep it real with you." She looked at me as if she was more than interested in what I had to say. "I'm attracted to you. I want you. And I'll do anything to have you. But, I have a lot of temptations and all I can tell you is, I'm going to do what I can to avoid them to do right by you. If you want to, we can start off as just friends and see where it goes. And if you feel comfortable with me, we can try to make something happen."

By the time I was finished, she already looked like she was trying to think of the words to dismiss my ass. I tilted my head to the side for a moment and then straightened up my posture. She looked away without an expression on her face. The car was silent as shit. Nigga...you said the wrong damn thing. She don't want yo' ass now. I thought to myself.