[27]

Lexie's POV

"For the record, I would like to be the first to say that this is a really bad idea" Maya mutters.

"well then, It's good thing that I didn't ask or care" I sigh, looking straight up at my sisters dark, second floor window. "This'll be easy" I try to reassure myself and her.

"Okay" she rolls her eyes. "How do you want to do this?"

"I don't know" I shrug, "If I did I wouldn't be standing here still."

She stands next to me and thinks for a moment. "You see that ledge?" She asks, pointing at the ledge that juts out from underneath the living room window and my sisters bedroom.

"Yeah" I squint my eyes, trying to see better in the dark.

"Well, what If I boost you up to the ledge, and then you pull yourself up the other one" she suggest.

I turn to stare at her. "I have the strength of a baby. What the hell makes you think I would be able to lift up my body three feet?"

"If was just a suggestion" she rolls her eyes, "sheesh."

"Let's try to keep the suggestions within the range of me being able to actually do them."

"What if we call your brother?" She suggests another idea. "He could let us in."

"That would be a good idea, if it weren't for the fact that he can't keep a secret and will probably tell my parents as soon as he sees us."

She shrugs and bends down, picking up a pebble and standing up once again. "Which room is his?"

"This is so not going to end well."

"Which room?" She appears, seemingly unfazed by the idea of being caught.

I sigh, before reluctantly pointing to the one next to my sisters. She throws the pebble, and it bounces off of the pane with a 'ping'.

Nothing.

She does it again, but with a slightly large pebble this time, that makes a small 'bang' when it comes in contact with the glass. I'm not really worried about my sister waking up, because she can pretty much sleep through a thunder storm.

After the third pebble, I see light flood the room and some movement behind the curtain. Not a second later the window opens and Mason pops his head out.

He starts to climb out of the window, but he notices us immediately and freezes in place. He's wearing actual clothes, and has on his favorite Nike jacket.

"Lexie?" He questions, using the hand that isn't  currently clutching the windowsill to rub his eyes, making sure that he's not seeing things.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" I whisper yell at him. "And why the hell are you dressed?"

He doesn't respond, but I've already put it together. I sigh. "How many times?"

"What?"

"How many times have you snuck out" I ask slowly, walking closer to his window. "I'm assuming, due to your obviously rehearsed ability to climb out of your window and your clothes, that you were sneaking out and this isn't the first time."