[11]

Lexi's POV

As soon as I round the corner, I find myself faced with the sight of Maya laying in the middle of the hallway fast asleep.

How did she even fall asleep on a floor this hard? I usually can only sleep on a mattress or in a children's bouncy castle.

Don't judge me.

"Maya? Wake up!" I shake her harshly and she jumps up from her position on the floor.

"Lexie?" She asks stupidly staring up at me.

"Who else?" I roll my eyes at her and nudge her side with my foot. "Why are you laying on the ground?"

"Waiting for you", she says standing up and dusting off her jeans. "Where were you?"

"Mars."

She rolls her eyes. "Did you succeed on your ninja mission?"

"If by success you mean sneakily taking my phone out of an assholes pocket and being held captive against my will by the same asshole then yeah, I succeeded."

"Cameron?" She guesses.

"Who else?"

"No one when it comes to you", she replies and I look at her with narrowed eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing", she waves her hands at me dismissively. "Tell me everything", she demands as we start walking down the hallway side by side.

"Everything?"

"Everything." She nods at me.

I can't help myself. "Maybe everything can be our always."

She gives me a blank look and I give her a cheesy smile in return. Being with my friends is usually when I'm at my happiest. Or bitchiest.

"Stop quoting the Fault In Our Stars."

I turn my grin into a scorching glare. "Stop talking bad about my baby. It never did anything to you."

Even though The Fault In Our Stars came out like a year ago, I'm still as obsessed as I was when it first came out. I've read the books more times then I can count, and I can quote the whole movie; line by line. For my birthday last year, my dad even managed to score five tickets to the premier. It was second best experience of my life.

First place goes to when I ran into my all time celebrity crush Taylor Lautner outside the mall after school one day. But that's a story for another time.

"You're infatuation  with that book is border-lining on obsessive. It's been a year since you went all fangirl on me over the phone. Move on woman."

"Don't tell me you're PMS'ing too?" I wonder out loud making her hit my arm. I pout and ignore her.

If she's going to be a bitch and bitch about my baby, I'm going to be a bitch right back at her.

"What happened?" She asks referring back to our previous conversation.

I ignore her and continue walking down the hall until I reach our empty theater classroom. I walk inside and hop on top of my usual desk; right near the window.

Should I be worried that none of the school doors are locked?

"If you don't stop ignoring me, I'll tell Cameron that you're practically in love with him."

My head spins around so fast, that I'm surprised  that it doesn't pop off. "I don't like him! Why does every one keep saying that?"

"Because it's so painfully obvious", she says looking exasperated. "The both of you are worse then Chuck and Blair."