Chapter 1

2 months earlier

"Dad, I can handle it." I chuckled, offering a reassuring smile.

He smiled, "I know you can, Vienna, but it's not the company that I'm worried about."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Then...what is the issue?"

He released a breath before dragging me into his office. He sat at his desk, running a hand through his greying hair.

"I do get a little over half my money from running the company. But...there's another...side business that gives me the most of my wealth." He started.

I tilted my head, "Side business?"

He nodded, "Close the door."

I quickly closed it before taking a seat, waiting for him to continue. He seemed hesitant, his eyes were glazed over with thought.

"Your brother knew of this business, was a part of it. I wanted him to take over, considering the men wouldn't take advantage of him. However, because of this business, he was killed."

I frowned, "But you said it was a car crash that killed him."

I remembered that day, two years ago. It was a horrible day, my mother hasn't been herself since then.

"I lied. I had the newspaper lie, the press, and so on. He wasn't killed in a car crash, he was killed by a man known as the rogue mafia boss." He explained.

"This rogue mafia boss was apparently part of the other Italian mafia group. His older brother, Angelo, was constantly having trouble with him. He was rebellious, cold hearted, and jealous. I don't know why, but it caused him to kill his own father."

"He went missing right after his father's death, until he sent a letter to Angelo. Since then, it has been...stressful." he explained.

I bit my lip, "So...this rogue boss...is...Vincent's murderer?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so."

It was quiet for a few seconds as I digested this information. I could feel the first sparks of anger ignite within my chest. I clasped my hands together, making a silent promise to my brother, that I'll get revenge.

I snapped my attention back to my father.

"I can handle this, dad. Trust me."