Chapter 28 (Final Chapter)

(6 Months Later)

-Brielle-

"Mom, where are the rest of the boxes!?" I yelled throughout the house. Tomorrow was the day that I would be moving across the country for college. I was so excited to be leaving California and experiencing other parts of the country and hopefully other parts or the world soon.

"I think that they're a few in the back of my car. How many do you need?" She asked.

"Maybe like three, I think." I responded, grabbing her set of keys off the key holder.

I grabbed the three medium sized boxes and made my way back into the living room where most of my stuff was already packed up. The only things that'll be going with me is majority of my clothes, half of my makeup, all most all of my shoes, and a few other things like teddy bears, etc.

I carried the boxes upstairs to my room where Jacob was already on the floor sitting ready to help me pack up some more stuff.

"What do you need all of these shoes for, Bri?" He asked, throwing them into a box. "Half of these shoes you don't ever wear anymore."

"So? You never know when I'll need to wear them. Some outfits can only go with a specific pair of shoes." I replied, helping him throw more shoes into the box.

"Look at you, little wanna be sneaker head."

"Psh, I know you ain't talking. You have more pair of shoes than I do!"

"What can I say? I got to impress the ladies."

"Please, the only person that wants you is Darshay."

a

"You don't know that."

"I'm pretty sure that is the case."

"Girl, you know these females can't stay away from my curly hair! I gets them all."

I laughed. "You just got cute in like tenth grade. Ain't no girl want you before then. With yo sketcher wearing ass."

"Ay ay ay! That's before I knew what Jordan's were."

"Well I'm glad you figured what the hell they were because light up sketchers at the age of fourteen was not a good look."

"They didn't light up!"

"Stop lying! Your ass was bouncing hella hard to light them shits up."

"Fuck you, Brielle." He said, kicking me with his foot.

"Rather not, I'm not incest unlike you."

"Whatever, anyways, what time are you leaving tomorrow?"

"Twelve."

"Why so early?" He asked.

"Jacob, I'm flying across the country for Jesus sake. It's not gonna take five minutes to get there."

"I'm not stupid, why are you leaving so early? Your school doesn't start until next week."

" I know but it's not my orders. They say be there by tomorrow so that's what I have to do."

"You just had to be the odd one out and go to college somewhere far away, huh?"

"I'm not the odd one out. Craig is going to Florida, November is going to Alabama and Daniel is going to South Carolina. Darshay, Ray and yourself are the odd ones out."

"You right, I guess. I'm just gonna be so sad when you guys leave."

I busted out laughing. "Says the one who said he couldn't wait until I was gone to get the house all to himself!"